We had another great Get Your Show Off The Ground seminar this past weekend with a dozen more talented participants with a terrific set of projects. I have no doubt you'll be seeing several of 'em on stages very soon.
A bunch of ideas hit the whiteboard during the seminar, but here are five that I thought might add some gas to your project's tank.
- Vanity projects are only vanity projects when they don't work.
- A primary part of a Producer's job is to set deadlines.
- Never work on just one project. Always have another one in case the first stalls, frustrates you, or dies.
- Like it or not, sales is a part of everything we do.
- You're never too young to be a Producer. You're never too old to be a Producer. If you've got a project, you're a Producer.
Thanks again to all the participants for sharing their passion and their projects with the group.
If you want to see some of the takeaways from previous seminars, click here.
If you are interested in the next seminars in both NYC and Chicago, click here.
(Got a comment? I love 'em, so comment below! Email subscribers, click here, then scroll down, to say what's on your mind!)
- The next NY Broadway Investing 101 seminar is tonight! Get your ticket today!
- Enter to win 2 tickets to The Illusion Off-Broadway! Click here.
- Seminars in Chicago, the weekend of July 9th. Click here!
SIGN UP TODAY
Ken’s Current Shows
MOST POPULAR BLOG POSTS
CATEGORIES10 Qs for Broadway Pros
Fun on a Friday
Invest in Broadway Shows
Overheard At Angus
Questions From Readers
The Most Popular Posts of the Month
Theater Things That Don't Make Sense
Things To See
Upcoming SeminarsApr9WedApr12SatMay17Sat11:00 am How To Raise Money for your Show @ DTE StudioHow To Raise Money for your Show @ DTE StudioMay 17 @ 11:00 am – 5:00 pmTo view alternate dates for “How to Raise Money for Your Show” Click Here. Ever since I started teaching my Get Your Show Off The Ground and Broadway Investing [...]Jun16Mon7:00 pm How to Nail Your Audition Workshop @ The Davenport StudiosHow to Nail Your Audition Workshop @ The Davenport StudiosJun 16 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pmTo view alternate dates for the “How to Nail Your Audition Workshop″ click here. Do you want to improve your chances of getting your dream role? [...]
Ken’s Top 5 Reads
Purple Cow: Transform Your Business...
The Writers Journey: Mythic Structure for Writers