5 Takeaways from this past Sat’s ‘Get Your Show Off The Ground’ Seminar.
As has become the custom here at TPP, here is a list of just five of the takeaways from this past weekend’s Get Your Show Off The Ground Seminar.
- Sending out unsolicited scripts is like an actor sending out headshots. It’s a little like playing the lottery. It’s ok to play, but I wouldn’t expect to pay your rent on your winnings.
- People invest in people who are passionate about their project.
- If you want to produce a Broadway show, but you don’t have twenty Broadway shows on your resume, surround yourself with people who do.
- You are never too small to have fans. Start a list of the people who love what you do as soon as you start doing it.
- Critics, Awards, etc. all don’t matter. The audience is the ultimate judge.
To see some of the other takeaways from previous sessions click here.
You know, I have to be honest and say that I never imagined that I’d be doing these seminars year after year. I thought there were maybe a handful of folks out there that were this motivated to get their show to the next level. Thanks for proving me wrong. Everyone who comes and shares their project and their dreams for their project with me is an inspiration.
Because so many of you asked me to schedule the seminars further out, we’ve laid out the seminars for all of 2012 already. Check the schedule and reserve your show’s spot here.
And don’t forget to check out the Investing Seminar, for those of you looking for info on Broadway Investing (there’s one coming up on Dec. 10th!), as well as our just added Email Marketing Seminar on January 12th.
See you at a seminar!
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email subscribers, click here, then scroll down, to say what’s on your mind!)
– Come to the 4th Annual Producer’s Perspective Social on 12/15! RSVP today.
– Win 2 Tickets to Kander & Ebb’s The Visit! Click here.