Well, what do you think?

If you’re looking at this blog online, you’re looking at a whole new look.  (If you’re reading this via email, then you’re also seeing a new look, but click here  to see the total new PP experience.)

Since it’s Spring Cleaning time, we thought we’d give my blog a wet-nap and clean her up a bit.  Truth is, we’ve given her a little master-cleanse as well, to flush out her insides to help your online experience even more.

Here are five new features about the design that you may/may not notice:

• We’ve made the switch from TypePad to WordPress.  Sorry, TP, you served me well, but I fell in love with WP when I wrote my Godspell Blog, and it can do things you can’t.
  • All upcoming seminars are in one easy-to-find place, right to the right.  I received a bunch of emails from people who missed seminars just because they didn’t know when they were.  So here they are, for all to see.
  • There’s a menu bar at the top, which includes some of the previous design’s most popular links.  Also, check out the search box.  Want to read blogs about “crowdfunding”?  Just type budget in the box and away you go.
  • The “Leave a Comment” button has moved from the bottom of the entry to right underneath the headline.  So check it out and click it often.

And finally . . .

• I finally got rid of that photo of me with the ripped jeans-look from like 2005.  I went with the navy jacket/white shirt.  I figure that can never go out of style.

Let me know what you think of the new design and the new experience!  Click that comment button (on the headline, remember?) or drop me an email to give me any feedback and we’ll continue tweaking the look as we go.

And just like a show in previews, we’re still working out our kinks, so if you notice anything that isn’t quite right (or want to suggest something to make it better), email me and let me know!

Now that we’ve got a new look . . . it’s time to come up with some more new ideas for the theater.

(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below!  Email subscribers, click here then scroll down, to say what’s on your mind!)

——

- Broadway Investing seminar on 4/14.  Register today!

- Take a Broadway Road Trip from DC on 4/28.  Click here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

21 Responses to 5 New Things About My Blog

1. HOORAY. A much cleaner look and Bravo on the new photo!

2. Hilary says:

I’d love to see a regular post on what you are reading. I picked up a couple of your top reads and would like to hear your recommendations more often!

3. Kim says:

Change is always good! You’re always so aware of what your readers want and need; it’s inspiring and appreciated!

4. Lynn A. says:

well i like the look of the site, but i didn’t mind the old you…
    :)it was super relaxed…
    Lynn

5. Karen says:

You clean up well, Ken :)

6. Great look now. So much easier and cleaner. Also a fan of Seth Godin. He told me our website needed a bit of a more professional look too so that’s next on the list. Seeing your blog makeover makes me want to move faster to get our website revamped too! Thanks for always inspring those of us creating new things for the theatre world.

7. Rick Stutzel says:

Looks great.
    And the content as always is fascinating.

8. Trey Valentine says:

I like it, the upcoming seminars bar is really nice and the photo is classy.

9. Nick says:

I love the new look, and that’s a good new pic of you — BUT, I liked that you were sitting in a theater in the old pic, it perfectly set the theme for your blog. Other than that, fantastic redesign.

10. Ed from CT says:

Looks great, Ken! Congratulations!

11. Malini says:

I love the new look, Ken. Much easier to find stuff.

12. C.J. George Michael ( India ) says:

Dearest Ken ,
    This is your great George Michael from sweet India , my dear you look terribly handsome ,have you got any chance to act in any James Bond movie ? Please call me Ya , for any side role ? God Bless !
    Bye .

13. C.J. George Michael (India ) says:

Dearest ken,
    This is George Michael from India .
    Oh! Great ,what a great look of you my dear , have you got any chance to act in any James Bond Movie ? Please recommend me Ya! God Bless !
    Bye!

14. Nice job, but where’s the link to my website?

15. Kristi R-C says:

Web site looks great, but your head shot… I bet you could find someone who’d be willing to do one gratis that shows you in a (literally) better light.

16. WordPress is a much better system. I’ve been using it for years and find the flexibility just great.

17. And it looks fab on my new smartphone.

18. I love your photo and the site is very clear and too the point, jus tike your blogs are.

19. Todd Schmidt says:

Ken, How about a smile! You are much more handsome than this picture!

20. Bo Conrad says:

I don’t know if this is the right place to write this but I want to thank you for posting your address for submissions. I (and partner) have a musical that’s been on the shelf for years…life interupts one’s passions…anyway…I’ve recently orchestrated and recorded all numbers…I’ll be sending it to you…It called the ALL AMERICAN ENDING- Sincerely,Bo Conrad.