Abingdon Theatre Company, going into its 20th Season, is dedicated to the development and production of new American Plays. The Marketing and Audience Outreach Coordinator is responsible for designing, implementing, and evaluating results of all marketing for the company and individual productions, working to create a brand for the company, as well as cultivating new and more diverse audiences. Individual must be extremely well organized, be a team player and at the same time have the ability to work independently with little supervision, have prior marketing experience in the not-for-profit “arena”, and have a positive “take-charge” attitude. Must have knowledge and experience in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite (including Access, Excel and Word Perfect) and InDesign. Experience in graphic design a plus.
- Create and implement strategy to bring in new audience and groups.
- Maintain database with all single ticket buyers and subscriptions.
- Write, produce and distribute (Eblast or mail) Abingdon Subscriber Newsletter
- Write and send all E-blast as needed, using PatronMail.
- Oversee, write and design publications (print, email and web) for all productions and readings: postcards, flyers, e-blasts, ads, all programs, posters with outside graphic designer.
- Design and implement Season Guide with outside graphic designer.
- Oversee and coordinate all mailings with mailhouse.
- Analyze returns of all marketing mailings.
- Develop relationships with local business (selling Ad Space, creating mutually beneficial deals)
- Provide information and material on all productions, including Cast & Production staff information, play descriptions, times, dates, etc.
- Coordinate and schedule all photo shoots for all productions, for marketing and PR use.
- Work with press agency for all productions.
- Communicate with Press Agent as to updates on Press Invites/Reservations
- Create press packets with photo CD’s for media outlets.
- Handle other press in-house, as needed (i.e. benefits, readings, etc.)
- Maintain press files and theatre archives.
Email Cover Letter and Resume to Amanda Kate Joshi, General Manager: email@example.com
SIGN UP TODAY
MOST POPULAR BLOG POSTS
CATEGORIES10 Qs for Broadway Pros
Fun on a Friday
Invest in Broadway Shows
Overheard At Angus
Questions From Readers
The Most Popular Posts of the Month
Theater Things That Don't Make Sense
Things To See
Upcoming SeminarsDec7Sat11:00 am How to Raise Money for your Show – SOLD OUT @ DTE StudioHow to Raise Money for your Show… @ DTE StudioDec 7 @ 11:00 am – 5:00 pmThis seminar has SOLD OUT. Please click here for upcoming seminar dates. Ever since I started teaching my Get Your Show Off The Ground and Broadway Investing 101 Seminars, [...]Jan18SatJan25Sat11:00 am How To Raise Money for your Show – in Chicago! @ TBDHow To Raise Money for your Show… @ TBDJan 25 @ 11:00 am – 5:00 pmEver since I started teaching my Get Your Show Off The Ground and Broadway Investing 101 Seminars, I’ve gotten a ton of requests to create a seminar dedicated to [...]Jan26Sun2:00 pm Get Your Show Off The Ground – in Chicago! @ TBDGet Your Show Off The Ground – i… @ TBDJan 26 @ 2:00 pm – 5:00 pmGot a script? A score? An idea? I get a lot of emails from people with a lot of the same questions about shows that [...]
Ken’s Top 5 Reads
Purple Cow: Transform Your Business...
The Writers Journey: Mythic Structure for Writers