This blog contains the two most important words I’ve ever typed.

Thank you . . .

. . . to everyone, including every one of you that has been with me on the Godspell journey since it began about three years ago . . . until it ended triumphantly last night.

Thank you.

To hear Danny Goldstein, the Director of Godspell give a much more eloquent thank you at last night’s closing celebration, watch the video below.  And make sure you tune in to the end, to hear what Godspell is all about and why it’s more important now than ever.

(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below!  Email subscribers, click here then scroll down, to say what’s on your mind!)

– Vote in the first ever Broadway Marketing Awards!  Vote today!

– Win 2 Tickets to see The Bad and the Better!  Click here.

• Kevin Lambert says:

Thank YOU, young man. It has been one incredible journey.

• Kathleen says:

Said it before and I’ll say it again. Thank you for bringing Godspell back into my life. FOREVER GRATEFUL <3

• Hey Ken,
    Congrats on a great run of an awesome show! It was great to see it last month. On to other brilliant things I’m sure.

• Ray Quirolgico says:

What a fantastic run of a great show – it was a thrill and honor to get to catch it on Broadway. And yes, the final message at the end go that video clip is true: this is a musical that is nothing but genuine and heartfelt with a powerful message to be open and accepting and hopeful and loving to everything and everyone. Thanks for sharing so many gifts with us, Godspell (revival) – it was truly a blessing to have known you.

• Ray Wrublewski says:

We rarely go to see a show twice, but with Godspell once was just not enough. Your show, the energy and creativity of the cast and the community outreach that we felt through your entire run was just the breath of fresh air that Broadway has needed for so long. I can only hope that other producers will follow the fine example that you have all set. Bravo, Ken!

• KENI FINE says:

YOU’re Welcome! … !

• Cathie says:

and there wasn’t a dry eye in the house………..

• Eliza says:

Great production! Listening to the recording often!

• lisa says:

So sad that the run ended. We had planned a trip to NYC from Canada JUST TO SEE IT in August, but now won’t be able to… we never imagined the run wouldn’t last a whole year and just couldn’t get there any sooner. My sister and I are forever fans of the show (having mounted the production ourselves at our church). We live and breathe Godspell. Not a week goes by where we don’t quote a line… ever my daughter says “I can’t see”, (“why not”), “because the darkness is doubly dark”! LOL

• Beth Doucette says:

God bless you Ken. Thank you for your strength and tenacity, and your brilliance.

• Lisa Pratt says:

Godspell is life-changing — thanks for bringing it alive again with the perfect combination of light, love and talent. I feel blessed to have witnessed it three times. Thank you.

• Joe says:

Hi, Ken- Thanks for taking us on a great journey through “Godspell”! As you know, my daughter and I were very fortunate to see the show 5 times and I wish we could have made it 10 or more times. Your cast, crew, “Godspell girl Lindsay” and all of your staff has made this a fantastic experience for us. Thanks again and I’m looking forward to more experiences like this from you in the future!

You’re the best!

• Vikki LoRusso says:

Dear Mr. Davenport,
    How saddened I was to hear Godspell was closing yesterday. I was fortunate to see this production of it three times. I wish I could have seen it a hundred times. Having seen literally hundreds of productions of Godspell going back to the seventies, this by far was the most superb production and the talent was unmatched! Thank you so VERY much for producing this wonderful cast and this production.I listen to the CD daily. It was awesome, unforgettable. THANK YOU!
    Vikki LoRusso

• Anne Wrublewski says:

Thank you for creating this experience and sharing it with us.

• Lou says:

How much were each of the productions capitalized for?

• I’m so sorry I wasn’t able to see your show, but I did just direct it in a high school with no money and no press. We didn’t need it because Daniel Goldstein’s words at the end were utterly perfect. That’s the spell that I believe Mr.s Tebelak and Schwartz wanted cast over the audience and performers. It happens every time this show is performed and that’s what is so important about this show. You’ve given it again to so many people…JOB WELL DONE! Congratulations!

Nathalie Cunningham, LA

• Derek says:

Please, please keep your stunning “Day by Day” Godspell blog as a permanent part of the internet. It’s a brilliant education in Broadway and theatrical producing and will surely inspire ambitious students and ordinary folk alike for years to come.