The Stella Adler Studio is looking for a Director of the Stella Adler Outreach Division. Outreach is committed to bring free actor training to young people who can’t afford tuition. We are looking for an individual whose life is informed by passion and vision. The Stella Adler Outreach Division is a defining program within the organization whose mission, based on the insight that growth as an actor and growth as a human being are synonymous, is to create an environment that nurtures theater artists so that they value humanity, their own and others, as their first priority, while bringing art and education to the community. The mission of the Stella Adler Outreach Division is to bring free actor training to young people who can’t afford tuition while providing our tuition based students with a model of social engagement. This is a fulltime position with a starting salary and health insurance.
Duties will include:
• Administer the ongoing free acting programs – organize schedules, announce programs to public high schools, interview and select students, organize faculty, provide curriculum, select performance material, assess students, evaluate the program. Ongoing programs include the Adler Youth Group, a two-year professional level acting training after-school program, and a Summer Shakespeare a five-week intensive.
• Work together with the Artistic Director and the Cultural Programing Director on strategic planning for the growth and development of the Division with a mind dually focused on sustaining high standards and quality with increasing the numbers of students we can serve.
• Liaison with New York City public high schools – communicate with school principals and in-school and after-school program coordinators: maintain a roster of contacts, offer workshops and school collaborations, plan and teach workshops, organize short and long-term school residencies.
• Serve as the primary instructor for all programs and direct students in end of term projects.
• Collect, record, and analyze student and program data and information from schools and other organizations
• Represent the division to other institutions and serve as a liaison between the Studio and the schools/education institutions.
• Manage expenditures for all education programs, primarily faculty salaries, fees and production costs.
• Work in partnership with the Artistic Director to raise funds, assist in the writing of grant proposals and reports. Provides data, as needed, for grant requests or grant reporting.
To run and coordinate a fast growing Outreach Division of the Stella Adler Studio of Acting the proffered position requires a profound commitment to the idea that art is a vital ingredient in the life of the human spirit and that all people deserve access to it regardless of economic status. Formal actor training is a must as is administrative experience and ability. BFA or MFA is a plus.
Please e-mail cover note and professional resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Director of Outreach position”. No phone calls please.
SIGN UP TODAY
Ken’s Current Shows
MOST POPULAR BLOG POSTS
CATEGORIES10 Qs for Broadway Pros
Fun on a Friday
Invest in Broadway Shows
Overheard At Angus
Questions From Readers
The Most Popular Posts of the Month
Theater Things That Don't Make Sense
Things To See
Upcoming SeminarsJul 13 SatAug 17 SatNov 16 Sat
Ken’s Top 5 Reads
Purple Cow: Transform Your Business...
The Writers Journey: Mythic Structure for Writers