This position will coordinate and facilitate a Design Team including but not limited to Director, Scenic Designer, Lighting Designer, Sound Designer, Costume Designer, Stage Manager for 8-10 shows a year. Ensure proper and clear communication through the Design Team and that all elements of production ensure an adequate return on the resources employed.
• Regularly attend production meetings and design meetings when possible.
• Create detailed production calendars for the sole use of communication with the Design Team and staff
• Create detailed budget estimates and track the purchase of all materials, submitting receipts with ledgers to the Controller in a timely fashion.
• Research and purchase all materials needed to complete all scenic, lighting and sound designs.
• Coordinate the construction and execution of all scenic, lighting and sound designs by utilizing sub-contractors as necessary or recommended.
• Ensure a consistently safe working environment for all employees and students.
• Attend all technical and dress rehearsals.
• Ensure the theaters are restored into classroom setting after each production use.
• Monitor and store cost estimates following each production to improve the efficiency of future pricing.
• Ensure a clean and prompt opening of the house each night in conjunction with the Front Desk Manager and Box Office Manager.
• Ensure technical support for special events and showcases.
SIGN UP TODAY
MOST POPULAR BLOG POSTS
CATEGORIES10 Qs for Broadway Pros
Fun on a Friday
Invest in Broadway Shows
Overheard At Angus
Questions From Readers
The Most Popular Posts of the Month
Theater Things That Don't Make Sense
Things To See
Upcoming SeminarsJun 22 SatAug 17 SatSep 14 Sat
Ken’s Top 5 Reads
Purple Cow: Transform Your Business...
The Writers Journey: Mythic Structure for Writers