The results for the first 13 weeks of the 2012-13 Broadway Season are in, and boy oh boy oh, are we off to a boffo start.
- So far this season, we’ve grossed $302,393,343.
- Last season’s first quarter grossed $268,362,100.
- That’s an increase of 12.7%
Attendance figures are up as well, just not as dramatically (they never are).
- 3,103,913 people have seen a Broadway show over the first quarter of this season.
- 2,968,372 saw shows during the first quarter last season.
- That’s an increase of 4.6%
Why the increase? We had a couple of big summer openings (Bring it On, Chaplin) and there were more shows than usual. In fact . . .
- First quarter of last year had 348 playing weeks
- First quarter of this year had 379 playing weeks
- That’s an increase of 8.9%
So we’ve jumped out of the gate and are racing down towards the first turn. Hopefully this trend will continue . . . and hopefully show profitability will increase along with it.
See you at the end of Quarter #2!
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email subscribers, click here then scroll down, to say what’s on your mind!)
- Collaborator Speed Date – Back to School Edition on 9/6 at 6:30PM! Click here to register.
- The Davenport Supper Club: Musical Theatre Workshop – Every other Tuesday beginning 10/2 at 5:30PM! Click here to register.
- Win tickets to see The Pied Piper of the Lower East Side! Click Here to enter.
SIGN UP TODAY
Ken’s Current Shows
MOST POPULAR BLOG POSTS
CATEGORIES10 Qs for Broadway Pros
Fun on a Friday
Invest in Broadway Shows
Overheard At Angus
Questions From Readers
The Most Popular Posts of the Month
Theater Things That Don't Make Sense
Things To See
Upcoming SeminarsApr9WedApr12SatMay17Sat11:00 am How To Raise Money for your Show @ DTE StudioHow To Raise Money for your Show @ DTE StudioMay 17 @ 11:00 am – 5:00 pmTo view alternate dates for “How to Raise Money for Your Show” Click Here. Ever since I started teaching my Get Your Show Off The Ground and Broadway Investing [...]Jun16Mon7:00 pm How to Nail Your Audition Workshop @ The Davenport StudiosHow to Nail Your Audition Workshop @ The Davenport StudiosJun 16 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pmTo view alternate dates for the “How to Nail Your Audition Workshop″ click here. Do you want to improve your chances of getting your dream role? [...]
Ken’s Top 5 Reads
Purple Cow: Transform Your Business...
The Writers Journey: Mythic Structure for Writers