The results for the first 13 weeks of the 2012-13 Broadway Season are in, and boy oh boy oh, are we off to a boffo start.
- So far this season, we’ve grossed $302,393,343.
- Last season’s first quarter grossed $268,362,100.
- That’s an increase of 12.7%
Attendance figures are up as well, just not as dramatically (they never are).
- 3,103,913 people have seen a Broadway show over the first quarter of this season.
- 2,968,372 saw shows during the first quarter last season.
- That’s an increase of 4.6%
Why the increase? We had a couple of big summer openings (Bring it On, Chaplin) and there were more shows than usual. In fact . . .
- First quarter of last year had 348 playing weeks
- First quarter of this year had 379 playing weeks
- That’s an increase of 8.9%
So we’ve jumped out of the gate and are racing down towards the first turn. Hopefully this trend will continue . . . and hopefully show profitability will increase along with it.
See you at the end of Quarter #2!
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email subscribers, click here then scroll down, to say what’s on your mind!)
- Collaborator Speed Date – Back to School Edition on 9/6 at 6:30PM! Click here to register.
- The Davenport Supper Club: Musical Theatre Workshop – Every other Tuesday beginning 10/2 at 5:30PM! Click here to register.
- Win tickets to see The Pied Piper of the Lower East Side! Click Here to enter.
SIGN UP TODAY
MOST POPULAR BLOG POSTS
CATEGORIES10 Qs for Broadway Pros
Fun on a Friday
Invest in Broadway Shows
Overheard At Angus
Questions From Readers
The Most Popular Posts of the Month
Theater Things That Don't Make Sense
Things To See
Upcoming SeminarsJan18SatJan25Sat11:00 am How To Raise Money for your Show – in Chicago! @ TBDHow To Raise Money for your Show… @ TBDJan 25 @ 11:00 am – 5:00 pmEver since I started teaching my Get Your Show Off The Ground and Broadway Investing 101 Seminars, I’ve gotten a ton of requests to create a seminar dedicated to [...]Jan26Sun2:00 pm Get Your Show Off The Ground – in Chicago! @ TBDGet Your Show Off The Ground – i… @ TBDJan 26 @ 2:00 pm – 5:00 pmGot a script? A score? An idea? I get a lot of emails from people with a lot of the same questions about shows that [...]Feb1Sat11:00 am How To Raise Money for your Show @ DTE StudioHow To Raise Money for your Show @ DTE StudioFeb 1 @ 11:00 am – 5:00 pmTo view alternate dates for “How to Raise Money for Your Show” Click Here. Ever since I started teaching my Get Your Show Off The Ground and Broadway [...]
Ken’s Top 5 Reads
Purple Cow: Transform Your Business...
The Writers Journey: Mythic Structure for Writers