Broadway’s 2012 Quarter 2 Report:
If you remember from the Q1 report, sales and attendance figures were up over 12% and 4% respectively.
Have we kept on that course?
Only one way to find out! Drumroll please . . .
Well, we could dream, right?
What comes up, must come down. We gave up those monster gains in the second quarter. Here are the numbers:
- So far this season, we’ve grossed $554,143,913
- Last season at the end of Q2 we were at $534,027,464.
- That’s an increase of 3.8% (over a 9% drop from the end of Q1) for the season so far.
Attendance figures were so down, we dropped back into negative territory.
- 5,748,062 people have seen Broadway shows so far this year.
- 5,833,425 had walked through doors of a theater at this time last year.
- That’s 1.5% less than last year at this point (and over a 5% drop from the end of Q1).
- There were 720 playing weeks after two quarters this year.
- There were 688 playing weeks after two quarters last year.
- That’s an increase of 4.7%, which is down over 4% from the first quarter, but still whopping positive for the year.
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)