If you remember from the Q1 report, sales and attendance figures were up over 12% and 4% respectively.
Have we kept on that course?
Only one way to find out! Drumroll please . . .
Well, we could dream, right?
What comes up, must come down. We gave up those monster gains in the second quarter. Here are the numbers:
- So far this season, we’ve grossed $554,143,913
- Last season at the end of Q2 we were at $534,027,464.
- That’s an increase of 3.8% (over a 9% drop from the end of Q1) for the season so far.
Attendance figures were so down, we dropped back into negative territory.
- 5,748,062 people have seen Broadway shows so far this year.
- 5,833,425 had walked through doors of a theater at this time last year.
- That’s 1.5% less than last year at this point (and over a 5% drop from the end of Q1).
- There were 720 playing weeks after two quarters this year.
- There were 688 playing weeks after two quarters last year.
- That’s an increase of 4.7%, which is down over 4% from the first quarter, but still whopping positive for the year.
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
SIGN UP TODAY
MOST POPULAR BLOG POSTS
CATEGORIES10 Qs for Broadway Pros
Fun on a Friday
Invest in Broadway Shows
Overheard At Angus
Questions From Readers
The Most Popular Posts of the Month
Theater Things That Don't Make Sense
Things To See
Upcoming SeminarsDec7Sat11:00 am How to Raise Money for your Show – SOLD OUT @ DTE StudioHow to Raise Money for your Show… @ DTE StudioDec 7 @ 11:00 am – 5:00 pmThis seminar has SOLD OUT. Please click here for upcoming seminar dates. Ever since I started teaching my Get Your Show Off The Ground and Broadway Investing 101 Seminars, [...]Jan18SatJan25Sat11:00 am How To Raise Money for your Show – in Chicago! @ TBDHow To Raise Money for your Show… @ TBDJan 25 @ 11:00 am – 5:00 pmEver since I started teaching my Get Your Show Off The Ground and Broadway Investing 101 Seminars, I’ve gotten a ton of requests to create a seminar dedicated to [...]Jan26Sun2:00 pm Get Your Show Off The Ground – in Chicago! @ TBDGet Your Show Off The Ground – i… @ TBDJan 26 @ 2:00 pm – 5:00 pmGot a script? A score? An idea? I get a lot of emails from people with a lot of the same questions about shows that [...]
Ken’s Top 5 Reads
Purple Cow: Transform Your Business...
The Writers Journey: Mythic Structure for Writers