If you remember from the Q1 report, sales and attendance figures were up over 12% and 4% respectively.
Have we kept on that course?
Only one way to find out! Drumroll please . . .
Well, we could dream, right?
What comes up, must come down. We gave up those monster gains in the second quarter. Here are the numbers:
- So far this season, we’ve grossed $554,143.913
- Last season at the end of Q2 we were at $534,027,464.
- That’s an increase of 3.8% (over a 9% drop from the end of Q1) for the season so far.
Attendance figures were so down, we dropped back into negative territory.
- 5,748,062 people have seen Broadway shows so far this year.
- 5,833,425 had walked through doors of a theater at this time last year.
- That’s 1.5% less than last year at this point (and over a 5% drop from the end of Q1).
- There were 720 playing weeks after two quarters this year.
- There were 688 playing weeks after two quarters last year.
- That’s an increase of 4.7%, which is down over 4% from the first quarter, but still whopping positive for the year.
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
SIGN UP TODAY
Ken’s Current Shows
MOST POPULAR BLOG POSTS
CATEGORIES10 Qs for Broadway Pros
Fun on a Friday
Invest in Broadway Shows
Overheard At Angus
Questions From Readers
The Most Popular Posts of the Month
Theater Things That Don't Make Sense
Things To See
Upcoming SeminarsJul 13 SatAug 17 SatNov 16 Sat
Ken’s Top 5 Reads
Purple Cow: Transform Your Business...
The Writers Journey: Mythic Structure for Writers