. . . I voted.

and I hope you did too.

I love the theater.  Even though it frustrates me sometimes.  And unfortunately some of the issues that frustrate me are things that I can’t change.  They may be up for discussion, debate, and even a blog like this . . . but there’s no vote.

I love this country. Even though it frustrates me sometimes.  And while some of the issues that frustrate me are things that I can’t change on my own, I can vote for the people that can and, I think, will.

This is a nation of passionate people.  People with ideas.  People with thoughts.  People who, like the people who founded it, want to make it a better place.

You are one of those people.

And sometimes it may seem like you can’t make a difference, but the cliche is true.  Today, you can make a difference.

Voting gives your voice volume.  It is the most powerful action item there is.

So do it.  Today.  For the blue, the red, or the mauve party, for all I care.  As long as you care.  Because that’s what counts.

And if you don’t vote, well, I think you should be stripped of your right to complain.

(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below!  Click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)

——

– Get Your Show Off The Ground!  Workshop coming up on 11/17.  Only 3 spots left.  Register today.

– Win a Free Ticket to TEDx Broadway!  Click here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

7 Responses to My status update for today is . . .

1. Kevin says:

I agree. My parents always taught us that even if we didn’t like any candidate we could always WRITE IN anyone. SO if you don’t like people, WRITE IN Patti LuPone or Audra, or Angela. It skews the percentages and shows the politicos something.

2. Steven U says:

I believe that voting is not only a right and a privilege but is also an obligation. So, like you, as always I voted.

3. Denise Morgan says:

I wish you all that you need to this necessary ‘thing’ that you do. Your words magically tap the mind and land softly but firmly in the heart.
    Thank you so much.

4. Ilene Argento says:

Well said! I heard today that in Australia, it is required to vote, and, if you don’t, you’re fined. Don’t know if that’s true, but a friend in Australia won!

5. Janis says:

I don’t know anyone of voting age who didn’t vote today. Long lines of passionate people voting for different people for different reasons, but all voting for the same country, ours!

6. Paula says:

I did too, and I’m glad I live in America. God Bless
    America! Thank you for your words of wisdom.