And today, December 26th, through December 31st, is the most wonderful/busiest time on Broadway. These are the six days of the year that shows not only wait for, some stay open for. This week, tourists descend en masse to New York City and buy up everything in sight, including tickets to just about every show in town. Yep, even the bad ones.
So that means if you’ve got a show running you can just sit back and rake it in, right?
Well, you can . . . but that’s not what I’d recommend.
Good businessmen and women see a lot of people walking through their doors and think, “Look at all the customers.”
Great businessmen and women see a lot of people walking through their doors and think, “Look at all the potential repeat customers.”
When you’re doing your best business, you need to make sure you’re taking full advantage of it so you are insured for those times of the year when you won’t be doing your best business.
- Are you making sure you’re getting the contact info of all these new customers?
- Do you have a full set of merch and other “back end” sales revenue options? Maybe even specialty items for this time of year?
- Are you managing your inventory with variable pricing on an hourly or even minute by minute basis to maximize your income since demand is so high?
- Are you keeping your customer service at an A+ level? Busy times are when service can falter. Don’t let it.
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
- Win a stocking full of Broadway CDs! Click here to enter.
– Vote for Producer of the Year 2012! Who will it be?!? Click here to cast your vote today!
- Get Your Show Off The Ground Seminar on Saturday, January 19th. Only a few spots left. Register today and start your New Year off right.
SIGN UP TODAY
MOST POPULAR BLOG POSTS
CATEGORIES10 Qs for Broadway Pros
Fun on a Friday
Invest in Broadway Shows
Overheard At Angus
Questions From Readers
The Most Popular Posts of the Month
Theater Things That Don't Make Sense
Things To See
Upcoming SeminarsJan18SatJan25Sat11:00 am How To Raise Money for your Show – in Chicago! @ TBDHow To Raise Money for your Show… @ TBDJan 25 @ 11:00 am – 5:00 pmEver since I started teaching my Get Your Show Off The Ground and Broadway Investing 101 Seminars, I’ve gotten a ton of requests to create a seminar dedicated to [...]Jan26Sun2:00 pm Get Your Show Off The Ground – in Chicago! @ TBDGet Your Show Off The Ground – i… @ TBDJan 26 @ 2:00 pm – 5:00 pmGot a script? A score? An idea? I get a lot of emails from people with a lot of the same questions about shows that [...]Feb1Sat11:00 am How To Raise Money for your Show @ DTE StudioHow To Raise Money for your Show @ DTE StudioFeb 1 @ 11:00 am – 5:00 pmTo view alternate dates for “How to Raise Money for Your Show” Click Here. Ever since I started teaching my Get Your Show Off The Ground and Broadway [...]
Ken’s Top 5 Reads
Purple Cow: Transform Your Business...
The Writers Journey: Mythic Structure for Writers