And the Finalists for our 2014 Songwriting Contest are . . .
Hear ye! Hear ye!
It’s time to announce the 10 finalists for our first ever Davenport Songwriting Contest!
We’ve already had such a blast getting to this stage of the competition. Because, let’s face it, everyone in my office loves a show tune. So we’ve been in heaven since the hundreds of submissions started coming in. It was tough to narrow it down to just 10 . . . which made me so optimistic for the future of the theater. Cuz let me tell you . . . there are some good songwriters out there. And they are coming up fast.
Ok, enough with that . . . you want to see who made it, right? Here’s the list of the 10 Finalists, in absolutely no particular order!
1. “Our Little Swedish Home” – Music by Zak Sandler, Lyrics by Greg Edwards
2. “Horizontal Light” – Music & Lyrics by Andrew J. Hanley
3. “We’re the Only Real Actors in This Show” – Music & Lyrics by Ted Kopulos
4. “I Could Be a Hero” – Music & Lyrics by Madeline Myers
5. “Cracked and Broken” – Music by Dave Ogrin, Lyrics by Dave Ogrin & R.C. Staab
6. “Just Between Us” – Music & Lyrics by David Reiffel & Michael Wartofsky
7. “Hero” – Music & Lyrics by Joseph Shrand
8. “Running” – Music by Tidtaya Sinutoke, Lyrics by T. Defoe
9. “Could It Be Me” – Music by Kevin Cotter, Lyrics by Diane Uniman
10. “Scared of Falling” – Music & Lyrics by Kevin J. Watson II
Congratulations to all of the finalists!
And now comes the real fun part. On Thursday, January 30th, at 7 PM, at the theater at 354 West 45th St., those 10 finalists will each present their songs to some wicked cool judges and you, the audience. And yep, each one of you will get to cast your vote for your favorite song. And the winner will walk home with $500!
Who are those judges? Check it out! We’ve got Actress Natalie Weiss (Wicked, Les Miz, Everyday Rapture), Actor Ryan Silverman (Chicago, Phantom) and a super popular songwriter himself, Ryan Scott Oliver.
Oh, and me.
Get your tickets to the event by clicking here.
And a hearty congrats to all those who entered. There are a lot of songwriters in this city. Or a lot of people who think they are songwriters, but they never get around to writing. You may not have a chance to win this competition, but you won already . . . because you wrote a tune in the first place. You’ll never achieve your dreams just talking about what you want to do. You have to do.
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email Subscribers, click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
– Win two tickets to The Ride. Click here to enter.
– The next Broadway Investing seminar is TOMORROW, January 18th. Only ONE spot remains! Sign up today.
– Need money for your show? Learn how to raise it at my next How To Raise Money Seminar. Guaranteed. Coming up on 2/1 in NYC! Sign up today.