End of Q3 Results for Broadway’s 2013-14 Season
Three quarters down, and one more important quarter to go.
But before we get to our Q4 guesses, how did Q3 fare? Here’s the rundown:
- Gross tally so far this season is: $907,595,787
- Last season at the end of Q3 we were at $834,963,738
- That’s an increase of a super-size 8.7% for the Broadway season so far.
- 8,608,404 people have seen Broadway shows so far this season.
- 8,488,237 people had seen Broadway shows at this point last year.
- That’s a 1.4% increase from our last Broadway season.
- There were 1052 playing weeks after the third quarter this year.
- There were 1061 playing weeks after the third quarter last year.
- That’s a decrease of 0.8% from last season.
So, we’re exactly where I predicted in my end of Q2 blog, up in both grosses and attendance (thanks to our rich holiday season and despite the cold, hard, Super Bowl-ridden winter), and just a sliver down in playing weeks.
The increase in gross is a significant one, and I’m predicting it could rise again before the end of the season. I’m going to go out on a limb and say our grosses will be up over 10% from last season (thanks to the onslaught of big musicals yet to open this spring). Attendance will be up as well by the end of year, maybe up by 2%. (By the way – isn’t it cool to see those attendance numbers down to the exact number – which means if you saw a show this quarter, then you are repped in these figures! Yep, you can impact these numbers just by seeing a show each quarter – so do it!) Playing weeks should stay around flat – all the theaters are booked so we’re not going to gain or lose too much ground there.
How do you think we’re doing so far this Broadway season? And where do you think we’ll end up at the end of the year? Give me your comments below, and in 13 short weeks we’ll come back and see how you did.
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email Subscribers, click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
– – – –
– How to Nail Your Audition Workshop THIS Thursday, February 27th. Click here to register today and start the spring Audition season off right.
– Get Your Show Off The Ground seminar on 3/8. Register today!
– Need a writing partner? Click here to sign up for our Collaborator Speed Date!
-Win two tickets to see Rocky on Broadway! Click here to find out how!