Work with Tony Award-Winning Broadway Producer Ken Davenport on your next production.
Ken Davenport is President of Davenport Theatrical, a Tony Award-winning producing office specializing in commercial Broadway and Off Broadway. As Executive Producer, Ken’s unique production and marketing style has garnered him international attention, including two front page articles in the New York Times and features on MSNBC, Rock Center, Fox News, BBC, and his favorite, a mention in Jay Leno’s monologue on “The Tonight Show.”
A commercial Executive Producer is the lead producer, and responsibilities vary from raising money to selling merchandise, to giving notes to a director, to explaining to a hair dresser that the star of the show doesn’t want her in her dressing room because her feet smell. (True story).
But at the end of the day, we believe that a commercial producer’s job boils down to getting as many people to see his or her show as possible.
With that mission in mind, our Executive Producer services include:
- In depth research of potential writers and directors with write ups and summaries for consideration
- Researching, presenting, and recommending potential venues and partners to continue the theatrical development of the show
- Advising on branding and marketing
- Providing artistic notes on the script and story development
- Researching and developing press opportunities for the production
- Translating ideas into commercial theatre language
In addition to serving as the Executive Producer of his own productions, Ken currently serves as Executive Producer for North America for Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Really Useful Group.
Not sure if you need an Executive Producer? Find out yes or no in 2 minutes by completing this survey.
“I wanted to work with Ken because he works to shatter the mold, and use his boundless energy to break new ground.”
Andrew Lloyd Webber