Artistic Intern – Signature Theatre Company
WHO: Signature Theatre Company
SEEKING: A part-time Artistic Intern to work a regular schedule of approximately 20 hours per week.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Artistic Intern assists the Associate Artistic Director, Literary Associate, and Artistic Assistant with all aspects of managing the artistic and literary departments. A large portion of the internship will consist of research and preparation for Signature’s upcoming Tony Kushner Season.
• Production Research
• Script maintenance for all productions
• Writing for theatre newsletter and blog
• Creation of theatre lobby displays
• Work with casting
• General administration
REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must have strong literature and/or theatre background. Must have excellent research, writing and analytical skills. Intern must also have strong word processing (experience with Final Draft software a plus) and organizational skills. Please submit a non-creative writing sample and references along with your application.
HOW TO APPLY: To apply for this internship please submit the following:
1) The Signature Theatre Company Application Form (located at http://www.signaturetheatre.org/intern.htm)
2) Cover Letter
4) Non-Creative Writing Sample
5) 2 references (may be sent separately)
Please submit applications to SARAH KIERNAN via email, fax or postal mail.
630 Ninth Avenue
New York, NY 10036
ATTN: Sarah Kiernan