Business Manager – Atlantic Theatre Company
WHO: Atlantic Theater Company, an award winning non-profit Off-Broadway theater and NAST-accredited acting School
SEEKING: Business Manager to join its dedicated and hard-working team.
• Maintaining all general ledger activity for the theater and school including accounts payable and receivable, bank reconciliation, balance sheet and cash flow reports
• Human resources including management of health insurance and other employee benefits, maintaining employee records and personnel reports
• Processing weekly payroll – ranging from 35 to 100 employees
• Managing invoice tracking for tuition and rental income
• Overseeing petty cash and credit card activity
• Preparing the annual audit and Form 990 schedules in conjunction with the General Manager
• Work in tandem with the General Manager on budgeting and monthly financial reporting, quarterly reporting to the Board of Directors, as well as preparing financial reports for grant proposals
• Maintain adequate internal controls and financial procedures ensuring legal and regulatory compliance with GAAP
• 3 to 5 years QuickBooks experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Excellent writing & communication skills
• Experience with non-profit accounting and auditing procedures
• Demonstrated skills in budgeting, financial planning, and analysis
• Friendly, eager, outgoing and positive attitude required as the position works closely with every department within the organization
• Previous experience with performing arts production preferred
• Previous involvement with capital projects a plus
The Business Manager reports directly to the General Manager and oversees a Business Assistant and an Intern. A Bachelor's degree is required with a major in Accounting, Business or Arts Management preferred. Interest in theatre is a must.
WHEN: Start Date: June 1, 2010. This is a full-time position with salary and benefits included.
HOW TO APPLY: Please email cover letter and resume along with a list of three references to the attention of Jamie Tyrol at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Atlantic Theater Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about Atlantic Theater Company, please visit: www.atlantictheater.org.