Contract Associate – Actors’ Equity Association
WHO: Actors' Equity Association, AFL-CIO
SEEKING: Someone to serve as a Contract Associate
JOB DESCRIPTION: The ideal candidate will provide key administrative and strategic support for the Eastern office of Actors' Equity Association, the progressive, dynamic labor union representing the 48,000 Actors and Stage Managers working in the professional theatre nationwide. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Enter contract/code/report data in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy.
• Compose standardized correspondence to Members and Employers.
• Handle a heavy call load and answer basic questions (i.e. minimum salaries, contract type) asked by any producer or member in assigned area.
• Conduct polite, patient, and professional interactions.
• Function well as a team with your assigned Business Representative by maintaining a professional and courteous working relationship with your assigned Business Rep.
• Work with Business Rep to achieve daily goals and special projects
• Track issues relating to the membership in your assigned jurisdiction, i.e. conflict of interest.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Superior interpersonal and administrative skills.
• Detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment.
• Sharp computer skills a must, including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Proactive problem-solving attitude is valued.
• Respect for confidentiality and discretion is a must.
• BA or equivalent degree and/or two years related experience.
• Theatre experience a plus, love of theatre a must.
• $14.8571 per hour per 35 hour work week
• Excellent fully paid family health benefits (medical, dental, optical)
• Employer funded defined benefit pension plan
• Opportunity for career development and advancement
Actors’ Equity Association is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org