Intern – Rogers and Hammerstein Concert Library
WHO: The R&H Concert Library
SEEKING: Full-time undergraduate or graduate students of music (or students in similar educational scenarios) to fill spring/summer 2010 internship positions.
COMPENSATION: These positions will be for college credit and are non-paid.
WHEN: Internship candidates would need to be available for a minimum of 14 hours per week during the internship (subject to the requirements of candidate’s degree program) and for successful candidates, an exact schedule would be determined between the Manager of the R&H Concert Library and the candidate.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Rodgers & Hammerstein Concert Library.
– Organizing library stock in catalog sequential order
– Cataloging and organizing miscellaneous Concert Library materials
– Formatting and scanning library master materials to PDF database
– Printing new sets of circulating rental materials using Concert Library print masters
– Pulling and checking materials for out-going rental orders
– Creating an inventory list of Concert Library materials
– Be able to read music in all clefs and formats
– Be involved in a 4-year undergraduate or 2-year graduate music program, or similar music-related program
– Be very organized, accurate and efficient
– Take initiative
– Have a keen eye for detail
– Have a basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel programs
It would be helpful (but not necessary) if intern had the following skills:
– Previous music library work experience
– Advanced copier/printer skills
HOW TO APPLY: All interested applicants should email a letter of interest and resume as well as the usual required documents from their university’s professor or advisor (all in PDF format) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line of email should read: R&H Concert Library Internship Application.
Only highly qualified candidates will be contacted by the Concert Library. No phone calls please.