Stage Manager – Off Broadway Booking
WHO: Off Broadway Booking
SEEKING: Stage Manager for YOU SAY TOMATO, I SAY SHUT UP
RESPONSIBILITIES: We are in need of two freelance Stage Managers to work with the director and actors during the workshop/performance period to learn the show and what will be needed for the tour. The production would tour with only one SM, but we are training two people at once so we always have a backup.
NYC Workshop/Performance Duties:
• Assisting the director and actors as needed
• Learning how to run all technical elements of the show (cues, projections, lighting, sound, etc.)
• Pre and post-production assistance
On the Road Duties:
• Working with GM and venue to advance and settle each engagement
• Managing travel, local transportation, hotel arrangements and schedules
• Ability to work with a venue’s technical staff to ensure things run properly
REQUIREMENTS: Prospective candidate must be eager, diligent, responsible, friendly, flexible and a good communicator who is able to anticipate needs and trouble shoot situations. Must also have the proper equipment and software to work remotely (laptop, Microsoft Office). Valid driver’s license not mandatory, but a plus.
WHEN: The show will be workshopped and performed from December 27th to January 10th in NYC, then will go out on tour for a handful of dates beginning in Spring 2011.
PAY: A flat fee will be paid for the 2 week workshop period in NYC and also on a per engagement basis for the tour.
HOW TO APPLY: For consideration, please submit your resume and two references to Nicole@obbnyc.com.