Production Assistant – Signature Theatre Company
WHO: Signature Theatre Company
SEEKING: Production Assistant for its production of Tony Kushner’s ANGELS IN AMERICA.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Production Assistant reports directly to the Production Stage Manager. The position provides a focus on stage management for the non-profit theatre. Responsibilities include:
• Assisting in the preparations for rehearsals and performances in the theatre
• Attending daily rehearsals and performances
• Moving scenery and performing other run crew duties for all technical rehearsals and performances of ANGELS IN AMERICA.
• This position requires the ability to assist in the movement of scenery and props up to 50 pounds
• Providing general stage management support such as telephone, filing, copying and correspondence
REQUIREMENTS: Candidates should have excellent writing, communication and organizational skills, be computer and internet savvy, be able to work independently, and be comfortable appearing onstage. A well-rounded theatrical/stage management background is preferred.
WHEN: ASAP – Feb 6,2011
HOW TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to (212) 967-2957 or mail to Signature Theatre Company, 630 Ninth Avenue, Suite 1106, New York, NY 10036. E.O.E. No phone calls please. For more information on Signature and ANGELS IN AMERICA, visit www.signaturetheatre.org.