5 Takeaways from the Get Your Show Off The Ground Seminar – NYC
We’ve got three separate Get Your Show Off The Ground seminars in January in three separate cities. I’m so excited to hear about the different challenges and obstacles that producers and writers face in each location, and even more excited to hear how we can overcome them together.
As I always do, here is a recap of five quick takeaways from Sat’s seminar.
- It’s always easier for someone to see a show than read a script.
- Most people in this business are looking for a reason to say no. Don’t give them one.
- Word-of-Mouth is the strongest in the moment immediately after your event.
- When you build the biggest of anything in this country, whether it’s the biggest musical ever created, the biggest skyscraper, or the biggest ball of twine, people are going to want to see it.
- Don’t survey unless you’re committed to doing something with the results.
And a bonus . . .
- The job of a Producer is to capture the imagination of his/her audience.
Special thanks to the dozen seminar participants for sharing their hearts and shows with me this week.
The next Get Your Show Off The Ground seminar in NYC will be held on Saturday, March 19th, from 2 PM – 6 PM. And here’s a special for all of you that made New Year’s resolutions that this was going to be the year that your show lifted off!
Register by January 31st and save over $50! Register here.
And don’t forget, the Chicago Seminar is THIS Saturday, January 15th. There are only 2 spots left, so register today. (And guys, can you warm up the place for me before I arrive?)
The LA Seminar will be held on Saturday, January 29th, and there are only 3 spots left. Click here to register.