Ardea Arts Inc- Internship in Arts Administration and Production
WHO: Ardea Arts Inc
SEEKING: Intern in Arts Administration and Production
RESPONSIBILITIES: The internship involves extensive work with directors, composers, writers, singers, musicians and producers. Learn how new opera is created, funded and produced. Duties include but are not limited to:
• General administrative and office management (including phone calls, mailings, tracking correspondence, maintaining studio, calendar, filing, errands etc.)
• Assisting with scheduling and setting up of meetings, castings, auditions, rehearsals, and workshops.
• Maintaining spreadsheets and databases of artists, presenters, and donors.
• Assisting with corporate, foundation, and individual fundraising; following through with presenters and theater producers; sending mailings & emailings, booking travel and conferences.
• Assisting with benefits and concerts in New York City and the Hamptons as well as managing the Ardea Salon Series.
• Word, Excel, & Social Media knowledge required; Mac-based office; Website maintenance, Photoshop, and graphic experience is a plus. Chinese and/or Russian language skills very helpful.
REQUIREMENTS: The right candidate will be organized, able to multitask, a great communicator, detail oriented, a self-starter, and ready to pitch in with whatever is needed. Further information about the company is available at www.familyoperainitiative.org
WHEN: 4/12/2011 – 8/15/2011
HOW TO APPLY: firstname.lastname@example.org