Group Reservations Coordinator- 9/11 Memorial and Museum
Group Reservations Coordinator
Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of the Group Reservations team’s operations. Manage school, youth, affinity corporate, and tour travel group reservation distribution and related operations to ensure they all receive an efficient and quality experience in planning and arranging group trips to the 9/11 Memorial & Museum. The Group Reservations Coordinator will report to the Admissions Manager in the Operations department.
- Administer the overall operation of the Group Reservations team.
- Develop and document all Group Reservations branch policies and procedures with the Admission Manager and the Director of Visitor Services.
- Develop strategies and tactics to attract group reservations and distributions for visits from schools, youth groups, affinity, corporate, tour and travel group segments.
- Prepare integrated group ticket distribution plans in support of attendance and budget goals for the Memorial Museum.
- Develop and maintain relevant price points for the Memorial Museum in collaboration with the Admissions Manager, the Director of Visitor Services, and the Museum Department staff.
- Design all group ticket distribution media in collaboration with the Director of Visitor Services, the Admission Manager, an outside vendor, and the Public Affairs Department.
- Manage Tour and Bus Industry policies and procedures to ensure the appropriate use of the Timed Reservation System (“TRS”).
- Work with Bus Industry and Tour brokers to encourage: a) the use of public transportation and ferry services in order to mitigate the excessive bus traffic around the Memorial Plaza in Lower Manhattan, and b) other approved carrier requirements.
- Work with the Admissions Manager and the Ticket Distribution team on reservation scheduling, inputting relevant pricing, and the inputting of all required data for the TRS/ticketing system.
- Supervise all group ticket distribution and coordinate group reservations staff when necessary.
- Oversee all staffing operations relating to group reservations for the 9/11 Memorial and Museum.
- Develop, implement, and maintain job-specific training programs for group reservations personnel in the use and proper operation of the TRS/ticketing system.
- Develop and implement group reservations team employee performance tracking systems.
- Develop and maintain budgets as requested.
- Develop custom periodic reports as requested by various 9/11 Memorial & Museum departments.
- Prepare periodic Committee/Executive-level reports, presentations, and/or agendas on budgeting, system performance, proposed improvements, and any necessary further analysis as needed.
- Attend meetings as requested.
- Handle a large variety of complex tasks and prioritize workflow in a fast-paced office environment.
- Position requires at least a Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the development and administration of group tickets sales plans in a high volume environment, similar to a museum, theme park, attraction, point of destination, or related public service/education venue.
- Experience in the development and administration of operating budgets and policies in a Museum and performing arts environment.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with Gateway ticketing systems is beneficial.
- Experience with a SQL database system is beneficial.
- Customer service experience at the mid- or senior management level.
- Project management experience would be beneficial.
- Ability to recognize the importance of responsibility, authority and accountability.
- A willingness to work non-traditional hours, think independently, take initiative, and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication and mathematical skills, excellent attention to detail, exceedingly well-organized, conflict resolution ability, leadership, team-building and motivational skills, and a professional and flexible manner,
- Ability to interact well with a wide range of people and personalities of all levels within and outside the Memorial & Museum.
- Must adhere to a policy of strict confidentiality in terms of information regarding 9/11 victims, bid documents, security and life safety incidents, and labor relations.
- Full-time position
- We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Include job title in the email subject field.
- Please state the location where job posting was seen.
- Send cover letter and resume by 3/15/2011 to email@example.com
- Please visit our web site at www.National911Memorial.org.
The National September 11 Memorial and Museum at the World Trade Center Foundation, Inc. is committed to workforce diversity. EEO.