Visitor Services Manager- 9/11 Memorial and Museum
Visitor Services Manager
Oversee and administer the staff, duties, and responsibilities of the Visitor Services
branch, which is charged with ensuring that visitors to the 9/11 Memorial & Museum
have a safe, educational, and beneficial experience. The Visitor Services branch is a team within the Visitor Services division, which is a part of the Operations Department.
Visitors Services branch staff are those employees responsible for directly facilitating a quality visitor experience and communicating the mission and message of the 9/11
Memorial & Museum. The Visitor Services Manager will report to the Director of Visitor Services in the Operations department
- Administer the overall operation of the Visitor Services branch.
- Develop and document all policies and procedures relevant to all Visitor Services branch operations.
- Assemble and analyze relevant data, and prepare and deliver reports, detailing
- Visitor Services branch activities to the Director of Visitor Services and other 9/11 Memorial & Museum management staff.
- Develop and maintain budgets and budgetary goals as requested by the Director of Visitor Services.
- Ensure budget and responsibility performance targets are met and tracked via the development and implementation of a broad system of departmental and employee performance metrics, reporting products, and tracking systems.
- Work with the Director of Security and his staff to implement and conduct periodic reviews of all security and emergency procedures.
- Assist the Director of Visitor Services in the recruiting and hiring of Visitor Service branch personnel.
- Oversee the development and coordination of all job-specific training and on-going education programs for the Visitor Services branch staff, including incorporating knowledgeable and appropriate background material in coordination with Museum Department staff.
- Ensure that all Visitor Services branch staff maintain excellent visitor service standards and adhere to 9/11 Memorial & Museum policies, systems, and procedures.
- Schedule all Visitor Services branch staff (including Hosts, Museum Exhibition/Gallery Access Control Personnel, and Information Stations Personnel) stationed on the Memorial Plaza, inside the Museum Pavilion and the Memorial Museum, and at any off-site facilities.
- Oversee the development and implementation of a Visitor Services branch volunteer group program.
- Coordinate with the Museum Department’s Education and Exhibition teams in scheduling, operation of classrooms, school group visits, special exhibits, and presentations.
- Handle visitor concerns, comments, and complaints that cannot be settled at the supervisory level, including managing and responding to patron’s complaints regarding any ticket or admissions issues.
- Oversee the development, maintenance, and updating of a departmental log with a record of all incident reports.
- Relate visitors concerns about pricing, experience, and exhibits, as needed, to the Director of Visitor Services.
- Work with the Admissions Manager and their staff to improve ticketing or admissions practices based upon visitor feedback.
- Assist any special interest groups, in order to provide a unique on-site experience for a select number of visitors.
- Work with the Group Sales staff to create a proactive environment and experience for any large groups or tours as they prepare to visit the 9/11 Memorial & Museum.
- Analyze data from kiosk and other visitor interfaces in order to improve or alter their use.
- Prepare periodic Committee/Executive-level reports, presentations, and/or agendas on budgeting, system performance, proposed improvements, and any necessary further analysis as needed.
- Attend meetings as requested.
- Handle a large variety of complex tasks and prioritizing workflow in a fast-paced office environment.
- Position requires at least a Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of five years’ equivalent management experience in public service.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Customer service experience at the mid- or senior management level.
- Project management experience would be beneficial.
- Ability to recognize the importance of responsibility, authority and accountability.
- A willingness to work non-traditional hours, think independently, take initiative, and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, proficiency in mathematics, excellent attention to detail, exceedingly well-organized, conflict resolution ability, leadership, team-building and motivational skills, and a professional and flexible manner.
- Ability to interact well with a wide range of people and personalities of all levels within and outside the Memorial & Museum.
- Must adhere to a policy of strict confidentiality in terms of information regarding 9/11 victims, bid documents, security and life safety incidents, and labor relations.
We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Include job title in the email subject field.
Please state the location where job posting was seen.
Send cover letter and resume by 3/15/2011 to email@example.com
Please visit our web site at www.National911Memorial.org.
The National September 11 Memorial and Museum at the World Trade Center
Foundation, Inc. is committed to workforce diversity. EEO.