5 Takeaways from the latest GYSOTG seminar & we’re taking it to London!
Before I get to the blimey-town stuff, here are my customary post-seminar five takeaways from this past weekend’s Get Your Show Off The Ground seminar!
A huge thank you to the twelve hugely talented producers, writers, directors, writers/producers/directors, etc. that shared their stories with me and took another step towards seeing their show on the stage.
And now, the takeaways:
- Don’t be shy. Period.
- There is more than one way to get to your goal. And you have to pursue every way . . . and all at once.
- Videos of readings, workshops, etc. are not a good way to get investors. They are a good way to lose investors.
- The best way to learn how to pitch is to pitch all the time.
- Sometimes the fastest and cheapest way to learn how to do something is to hire someone to do it for you.
Thanks again, participants.
If you missed this seminar, don’t worry there is another one on June 25th. (I scheduled this date to coincide with the beginning of festival season for all of you NYMFers and Fringers out there). Click here to reserve your spot. Every seminar we’ve held has sold out, so reserve your seat as soon as you can.
And, now the international edition of The Producer’s Perspective!
Over the past couple of months, I have received a number of emails requesting a seminar in London, so it’s on like Donkey Kong!
The 1st ever International Get Your Show Off The Ground seminar will take place in London, England on Monday, June 6th at 7 PM.
To register for the London seminar, click here.
Can’t wait to meet all of you from the UK! Just no making fun of my accent. Otherwise, I’ll have to bring up Bombay Dreams.
See you there!
– – – – –
– Enter The Sunday Giveaway! Win two tickets to Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo on Broadway starring Robin Williams! Enter today.