Development Intern – LAByrinth Theater Company
WHO: LAByrinth Theater Company
SEEKING: Driven by a commitment to artistic exploration, LAByrinth Theater Company is a multicultural ensemble of playwrights, actors, directors, and designers whose mission it is to nurture artists and develop vital new works for the stage. LAByrinth was founded in 1992 by thirteen Hispanic actors who wanted to create a space to work, as a platform to tell the stories of the community around them. Today, the company is made up of over 120 members from a wide array of cultural perspectives that share an artistic sensibility and a desire to create meaningful work within a supportive artistic environment. LAB’s company of artists—and the work they create—reflects a distinctly working class ethos; and their stories spring from the diverse cultures and communities that make up New York City.
LAB produces an annual season of between 2-3 new works for the stage along with a rigorous play development schedule. Beginning with the 2011 season, the company will be housed at the Bank Street Theater. LAByrinth is looking to fill one or more part-time internship positions (min. 20 hours per week), to assist in the day-to-day operations of the company office at 155 Bank Street.
• Ensuring a high level of customer service for all patrons;
• Handling/processing all patron and ticket requests;
• Managing multiple RSVP lists;
• Tracing patron event attendance in the company database (salesforce);
• Corresponding with LAB patrons re: performance/event attendance via phone and email;
• Prep development documents, including sales decks, informational packets, etc.
• Running check in for multiple high-profile events;
• Taking donation payment via email and over the phone;
• Assist in executing informational mailings and solicitiations;
• Basic office tasks, such as: filing, copying, and assisting with out-of-office errands
• The ideal applicant should be detail oriented, enthusiastic, responsible, hard working, outgoing, and personable.
• Customer Service experience of any kind a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel a plus
• Some night and weekend availability will be required
WHEN: Job starts 5/17/2011
HOW TO APPLY: To apply, please send an email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.