Part Time Press Agent – Paper Mill Playhouse
WHO: Paper Mill Playhouse
SEEKING: Press Assistant, part time, 25 hours per week
Reporting to the Director of Press and Public Relations, the Press Assistant aids the department with all aspects of publicity. Primary responsibilities include: writing press releases, pitching stories, coordinating interviews, archiving clips, setting up press events, creating press packets, managing the press database and providing members of the media with show related material. The Press Assistant works closely with the Director of Press and Public Relations to create and carry out a production media plan.
• Support the Director of Press and Public Relations with all aspects of Paper Mill Playhouse publicity.
• Create and maintain Paper Mill Playhouse archives including, but not limited to; press clips, photo database, patron correspondence and video.
• Work closely with the Director of Press and Public Relations to create and carry out a production media plan.
• Assist in obtaining features for Paper Mill Playhouse mainstage productions and education programs by pitching stories, coordinating interviews and executing press events.
• Write press releases and media alerts for the organization.
• Develop and assemble press kits.
• Coordinate department mailings.
• Manage Paper Mill Playhouse’s press database.
• Assist members of the press and internal staff with press materials, photo and video needs and patron correspondence.
• Spearhead social media initiatives as directed by theater management.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Press and Public Relations.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent formal educational experience
• At least one year public relations and/or press experience
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and the ability to learn related programs.
• Experience in Adobe Photoshop, video editing and social networking a plus
This is a 20-25 per week, part-time position (no benefits package) with flexible hours. Occasional night and weekend work required. This position is perfect for a retiree or someone who has children in school. Paper Mill Playhouse is one of the country’s leading not-for-profit regional theatres. Applicant should be a team player with a positive attitude who can handle an intense work flow.
JOB START DATE: 5/10/2011
HOW TO APPLY: No calls please. Please email or fax cover letter, resume, writing sample and hourly-rate requirement to:
Shayne Austin Miller, Director of Press and Public Relations
Paper Mill Playhouse
E-mail (preferred) firstname.lastname@example.org