Development Assistant – Lark Play Development Center
WHO: Lark Play Development Center
SEEKING: Lark Play Development Center, an internationally-recognized theater laboratory and think tank based in New York City, seeks a DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT. This position supports the Development Manager who oversees Lark’s growing development/fundraising program currently raising $1.2 million annually. Fundraising is a central part of Lark’s mission, as we strive to economically free playwrights to write while creating a safe environment away from marketing pressures. This is an entry-level, part-time position and provides the opportunity to be part of a quickly growing and dynamic team and to “get your feet wet” in not-for-profit management in a unique theatre company.
Reports to: Development Manager
• Take notes at meetings/brainstorming session, capturing important language and synthesizing notes in preparation for grant proposals.
• Manage donation processing including database entry and generating acknowledgement letters
• Support current and prospective major donor tracking through regular updates to Donor Tracking Sheet & Database.
• Manage and conduct research on foundation and individual prospects
• Assist with logistics of major donor correspondence and special events.
• Support the generation and assembling of all annual appeal letters and appeal e-blasts.
• Create quarterly e-newsletter for donors and donor prospects.
• Prepare supplementary materials for grant proposals.
• Assist in all clerical tasks related to development including proofing, filing and copying letters and grant proposals.
• 2+ years working in an office environment, preferably in theater or non-profit
• Strong interest in fundraising and/or not-for-profit management
• Detail oriented and impeccable organizational skills
• Multi-tasker in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to synthesize information and cogently express ideas/themes gathered from brainstorming conversations
• Excellent typing skills in terms of accuracy and speed
• Team player who likes to work as part of a small, integrated staff
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Experience with databases highly desired
• Proficiency in online research
• High level of discretion in dealing with sensitive information
• Interest in new play development process a plus
• Excellent writing and editing skills desired
• Must be able to physically transport boxes/packages up to 30lbs.
WHEN: Job starts 6/1/2011
PAY: Salary: $24,000. Position is part-time (30 hours/ week).
NOTE: Lark is dedicated to promoting diversity in all areas of operation, and as such, applications are encouraged from persons of all races, genders, and backgrounds.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume to: email@example.com. No calls. http://www.larktheatre.org/getinvolved/jobs.htm.
Lark is an equal opportunity employer with no tolerance for discrimination on the basis of gender, race, color, age, creed, disability, national origin marital status or sexual orientation.