Prepare Ye. Godspell is coming back to Broadway this Fall.

I am thrilled . . . overjoyed . . . pumped . . . so excited that there are no words . . .  to announce that my production of Godspell by Stephen Schwartz and John-Michael Tebelak, directed by Danny Goldstein and choreographed by Christopher Gattelli, will begin performances on October 13, 2011 at Broadway’s Circle in the Square Theatre.

For more info, including a message from Stephen Schwartz himself, visit www.Godspell.com.

Godspell on Broadway
Previews begin October 13th
Opens on November 7th

Group discount tickets on sale now by calling 1-855-DAY-BY-DAY or by clicking here.
Single tickets on sale July 11th.

See you at the theater.

(Got a comment?  I love ’em, so comment below!  Email subscribers, click here, then scroll down, to say what’s on your mind!)

FUN STUFF

– Come to our Tony Awards Party!  Click here for more info and to get your ticket now!

– Enter my Tony Pool!  You can win an iPad!  Enter today!

– Come to the Broadway Investing Seminar on May 31st.  RSVP here.

– Enter to win 2 tickets to see The Shaggs!  Click here.

Comments
  • I’ve been following your blog from Australia for about 12 months now, but this is the first time I’ve felt inspired to comment.
    I just had to say that I think 1-855-DAY-BY-DAY is quite possibly the greatest phone number ever. It’s one of those strokes of genius that seems completely obvious, after someone’s come up with it.
    Keep up the good work, by the way.

• Mike says:

I am very excited about this! Will this production still be based on the 2006 Paper Mill staging?

• Tracey says:

Ken, I love ya, but who needs another production of Godspell? Better you should have taken your money and supported a new, up and coming writer.

• Ed from Connecticut says:

Congratulations, Ken!
    I know you have worked hard- and waited a long time- for this. And, putting my marketing hat on, I love the tagline you have on the website:
    “The joy gets closer day by day.”
    That is great.
    All the best!

• Barry says:

I never thought that the production would make it to Broadway. I’ll probably be kicking myself that I didn’t invest when you gave me the opportunity to do so. Good luck!

• Congratulations, Ken! Your persistence, vision and success in bringing dreams to fruition are always an inspiration. And hats off to you for your ingenuity! Cheers to you and the entire company!!!!

• Duncan says:

Godspell is nice and all, but no one ever seems to do anything really daring with it. Would love to see some non-traditional casting, maybe a female Jesus… What’s Mandy Gonzales up to?

• Break a leg Ken and company!

• Paul Mendenhall says:

I hope this leads to a new recording, one that includes “Tower of Babble.”

• Michael L. says:

Congratulations and break a leg!

• Martin says:

Hi Ken,
    congrats from Frankfurt in Germany.
    I think the Circle in the square theatre is a perfect choice.
    (now the building that houses the Gershwin and
    Circle in The Square could be renamed THE STEPHEN SCHWARTZ
    MUSICAL CENTER).
    The last musical that succeeded has been the 25th annual Putnam
    County…. GODSPELL could be the successor because:
    1.) It`s been the american answer to Jesus Christ Superstar
    2.) The financially successful revival of Hair showed that there is still an audience for musicals from the Flower-Power-Era.
    3.) The girls who loved WICKED want to find out, how Stephen started.
    Clever, clever….
    Is there a chance for me as a german to join the people of Godspell (as a poor security guard at the Frankfurt airport I won`t be able to put up more than the minimum investment)?
    I would love to learn as much as possible about the new investment that you started.
    Kind regards,