Press Assistant/Intern – David Gersten & Associates
WHO: David Gersten & Associates
SEEKING: Press Assistant/Intern, part time, 21-24 hours a week
Top New York City public relations firm serving Broadway and Off-Broadway shows, celebrities and not-for-profit theater companies for over two decades, seeks Intern to serve as Press Assistant aiding account executives with all aspects of publicity and marketing. Primary responsibilities include writing press releases, pitching stories, coordinating interviews, archiving clips, setting up and covering press events, creating press packets, managing the press database and providing members of the media with show related material.
• Support the Account Executives with all aspects of publicity & marketing.
• Write press releases, critics’ invitations, and media alerts.
• Develop and assemble press kits.
• Assist members of the press and internal staff with press materials, photo and video needs and correspondence.
• Spearhead social media initiatives as directed.
• Other responsibilities including basic office support, including heavy phone and computer work.
• Bachelor’s Degree or degree candidate at accredited university; ideal for those majoring in communications, journalism, or theater
• At least one year public relations and/or office experience
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and the ability to learn related programs.
• Experience in Adobe Photoshop and social networking a plus
WHEN: This is a 21-24 per week, part-time internship with flexible hours. Occasional night and weekend work required. Applicant should be a team player with a positive attitude who can handle an (sometimes) intense work flow.
PAY: Will work with university internship credit programs and/or offer a small stipend for the right candidates.
HOW TO APPLY: No calls please. Please email or fax cover letter, resume, and writing sample to:
DAVID GERSTEN & ASSOCIATES
E-mail (preferred) email@example.com