Program Manager – Epic Theatre Ensemble
WHO: Epic Theatre Ensemble
SEEKING: Epic Theatre Ensemble is now seeking a full-time Program Manager for its in-school and after-school education programming.
Epic Theatre Ensemble is a ten-year-old OBIE and Coming Up Taller award-winning Off-Broadway company, dedicated to making theatre that inspires dialogue about social, ethical, and political issues. Since 2001, Epic has produced 12 Off-Broadway Premieres reaching over 100,000 audience members, developed the work of over 60 playwrights; and reached over 30,000 high school students with in-depth arts education programs in 25 schools across NYC and the region.
RESPONSIBILITIES:The Program Manager reports to Epic’s co-founders including Founding Executive Director of Education, Melissa Friedman. Responsibilities of the Program Manager:
The Program Manager (PM) is responsible for the administration of Epic’s education programs.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Plan, manage, assess and document Epic’s in -school partnerships, after-school Shakespeare Remix program and summer programming including Epic’s Summer Institute and Citizen Artist Conference
• Design and Manage departmental content of Epic’s website
• Assist Development Director with grant application supplementals and grant reporting
• Hire and supervise interns
• Supervise and support Epic’s Teaching Artists including approving and submitting payroll
• Assist in the design and publication of Epic’s educational materials – including the Citizen Artist Curriculum Guide
REQUIREMENTS: Epic seeks an enthusiastic, highly organized person. Epic is dedicated to promoting diversity in all areas of operations, and as such, applications are encouraged from persons of all races, genders, and backgrounds. The ideal candidate will have:
• A minimum of 3 years experience managing an arts education program
• A working understanding of the NYC Department of Education
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Superior attention to detail
• Excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel as well as some database experience
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with diverse constituencies including school administrators, artists, funders, staff, teachers, students and parents
• Demonstrate capacity to collaborate with staff and artists
• Demonstrate a passion for theatre and social justice, have a clear understanding about the importance of arts education in public schools, and value deep connections between a theatre and its’ constituents.
• A bachelors degree, masters degree preferred
WHEN: Job starts 9/6/2011
HOW TO APPLY: Contact EpicPMSearch@gmail.com