“These Three Things . . .”
Today is October 13th.
And there are three very special things associated with this great day.
– On October 13th, 1929, my father was born. Today he turns 82. Happy Birthday, Dad. Thank you for giving me the gift of the theater. Without you, I’d be a lawyer.
– On October 13th, 2007, four years (!) ago now, I started blogging. And thankfully you started listening, and inspiring me to do more. And I love doing more.
– And today, on October 13, 2011, after a two year gestation process, Godspell starts performances tonight, on its way towards its opening on November 7th.
Dad, Blog, Godspell. What a trifecta.
October 13th is officially my lucky day.
If you’ve enjoyed my blog over the past four years, I hope you’ll come see Godspell. And come to a preview. For those of you who are reading this blog to learn more about how Broadway shows come together, you’ll learn a lot by seeing the show early, and then returning in a few weeks to see how it morphs, shifts and evolves. As I said on the my last official entry on the Godspell Blog today, previews are the pupal stage for Broadway shows. And well, I’m pretty excited about the beautiful butterfly Danny Goldstein and this sickly talented cast are cooking up at Circle in the Square.
Click here to get tickets. We’ve got 6 shows this weekend.
And when you come, make sure you say hi. I’ll be at all the previews, most likely wearing my red Godspell hat, so I’ll be easy to spot. I’d love to say hello, and perhaps we’ll have some time to continue this conversation we started online four years ago . . . offline and in person. And isn’t that what theater is all about? I love blogs, and I’m thankful for this one . . . but we’re in the theater because we like to meet other people in (legal) dark rooms and listen to ideas. I look forward to hearing yours.
So Happy Birthday, Dad.
Happy Blog Birthday, The Producers Perspective.
And I’ll see you at Godspell.
(Got a comment? I love ’em, so comment below! Email subscribers, click here, then scroll down, to say what’s on your mind!)
– 0 Days to Godspell! Read the day-by-day account of producing Godspell on Broadway here.
– Tune up your marketing materials at my new seminar! Learn more here!
– Win tickets to Chinglish on Broadway! Click here!