Chief Officer, Frederick P. Rose Hall
WHO: Jazz at Lincoln Center
SEEKING: Chief Officer for Frederick P. Rose Hall
• Manage all fiscal, operational and physical aspects of Frederick P. Rose Hall.
• Oversee aggressive booking and sales operations including those related to Jazz at Lincoln Center productions, and to outside licensees.
• Actively partner with legal and human resources in a team-based approach to strategically managing venue related unionized labor relations. Collective bargaining agreements currently exist with stagehands, box office personnel and projectionists.
• Direct and manage venue collective bargaining agreements in a manner that supports the financial goals of Jazz at Lincoln Center.
• Direct and manage operational procedures and programs including rental agreements, maintenance and cleaning routines, HVAC fan schedules, contractor and vendor agreements, etc.
• Administer Jazz at Lincoln Center’s agreement with its condominium association/management.
• Maintain relationship with Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts and its constituent organizations.
• Prepare and manage the annual Frederick P. Rose Hall budget.
• Supervise concession and vendor operations.
• Plan and manage capital project(s) and maintenance programs.
• Liaise with base building management for all building provided services, performance schedules, load-in and strike schedules and logistics.
• Direct and manage Frederick P. Rose Hall staff of 25-30 full-time and 250+ part-time employees comprised of both non-union and union personnel.
REQUIREMENTS: The ideal candidate has the highest level of demonstrated customer service, leadership, and management skills in a performing arts venue environment, and also posses the skills to communicate with diplomacy at every level of a non-profit performing arts institution: management, staff, Artistic Director, donors, sponsors, Board of Directors, Trustees, union representatives, and representatives from outside organizations. Passion and/or knowledge of Jazz preferred.
• A minimum of 5 to 7 years direct experience managing a theatre or concert hall in a major metropolitan market area, including a solid working knowledge of operations & systems, labor, production, sales, marketing and box office issues.
• Proven fiscal management in a performing arts venue.
• Exemplary customer service skills and the ability to teach and instill those skills in staff.
• Strong management and supervisory skills acquired in complex and diverse work environments.
• Demonstrated leadership experience to create and foster a service oriented team environment.
• Computer proficiency including knowledge of performance hall management, box office and booking software, and of the Internet.
• Ability to multi-task and to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• A creative thinker who can demonstrate the successful realization of prior initiatives.
HOW TO APPLY: If you believe your background and experience qualify you for consideration based on the criteria we've outlined, please send your resume and salary requirements to HR2@jalc.org. Please write "Chief Officer" in the subject line of your email.