I spy a new . . . Telecharge.com!

It’s been talked about for years, and it looks like the new Telecharge.com is almost here!  And it features 3-D seat maps, video content, and a whole bunch more.

It’s in Beta now, so it’s not done yet, but the Ticketing Gods over at Telecharge are allowing the public to poke around the new system to see what they think . . . and to get feedback (which I’m counting on all of you to provide in the comments below – I’ll then pass it on to them in an effort to make the great work they’ve already done even better).

Ticketing and accessibility were talked about a great deal at last week’s TEDxBroadway, so the t-t-timing of this launch couldn’t be better.

Ready to see it?  Are you ready?

Visit Beta.Telecharge.com.

Then come back and comment on what you think.

Oh, and while you’re there . . . buy a ticket to something.

(Got a comment? I love ’em, so comment below! Email subscribers, click here, then scroll down, to say what’s on your mind!)

——

– Win tickets to see Stick Fly on Broadway.  Enter here!

– Take a Broadway Road Trip!  From Mass on 2/4 and From DC on 2/25!  Click here!

– SEMINAR ALERT: Get Your Show Off the Ground Seminar: 2/18.  Only 2 spots left!  Sign up today!

Comments
  • Kevin Lambert says:

It would be great if I could get the beta site to load in Firefox. Then I could check. Maybe too many people are trying to access it. Anyway, not a good sign at present.

• Mary Ann says:

I was just using it with Firefox 8,no trouble loading…what version did you use? Seems like browser issues are always the biggest problems with getting sites up and running…

• Emily says:

Good…but they layout is not the most welcoming. The information is great–but the layout discourages me from looking at it.

• James says:

The 3-D isn’t going to be functional for the millions of people using safari. My iPhone doesn’t support silverlight.
    I like the menus but it might be easier for mobile devices to have the scrolling menus.

• Barry says:

It would be nicer if they let you pick your own seat like Ticketmaster does.

• Dani says:

They added a great new feature. As much as I have always preferred ordering tickets through Telecharge rather than Ticketmaster (primarily because of the nicer interface at Telecharge), the one terrific feature that Ticketmaster had that Telecharge didn’t was a seating chart map with all the available seats displayed. All you had to do was click the seats you wanted to buy. I found a similar feature at the beta site. As a test, I went looking for War Horse tickets. We’re cheap, so we want the lesser-priced rear loge seats. At the old site, you could specify loge but couldn’t get any more granular than that. From there, you had to keep clicking “Next Set of Available Seats . . . ” and hope that, eventually, you’d get the specific section you wanted. At the new site, if you click the “Find Tickets” button, you have the same problem. But, if you choose the “Schedule and Pricing” tab, you can pick your date and specific price point. Unfortunately, when I tried to purchase the tickets, I got the following message . . . twice: “We’re sorry, We’re having a problem with the site right now. Please try again.” I will keep trying. On another note, I don’t really like the GUI. It’s not as elegant as the old one. I don’t like the black background, and the screens are too busy. Then again, I’m not a 20- or 30-something-year-old, so my tastes may be a bit old fashioned.

• Dani says:

Barry, I agree. I just commented about the same thing on my post above. However, I did find a similar feature by clicking the “Schedule and Pricing” tab.

• Steve says:

Tried a test purchase for Godspell. Screens were very slow to load, glitchy, kept kicking me back to the intro (no. of seats, etc.) screen. Never could get it to let me pick seats from the seating chart. The site needs a lot of work and debugging. It was so frustrating that if I were actually buying, I might have given up.

• Kristopher says:

Wow! These reviews are harsh. That doesn’t make them incorrect, however.
    I find the visuals 4 out of 5, but experienced the same issues as mentioned below. Error messages and incompatibility with my tablet.
    But you did say they are still working on it, so I will “wait til the show opens” as they say. Whatever the outcome, I commend them for stepping into 2012. We as an industry are only as development-forward as the manner in which we are represented to the consumer.

• Christine says:

Although the new Telecharge site is much more user friendly than the old one, I still prefer Ticketmaster’s feature of allowing you to pick your own seats from a seating chart displaying all available seats. I think Telecharge should use this same feature.

• Bruce says:

Wasn’t able to use it easily. I didn’t like that the system picked my seat. I would like to be able to see all available seats, like Ticketmaster, and then choose the one I want. Why go through all of this programming if you can’t do that? But it’s in a test phase so maybe it will be better later. Not very user friendly.

• Scott says:

Extremely slow and jumpy. But, I much prefer Telecharge’s process of allowing us to pick dates upfront then I do Ticketmaster’s locked into a date unless you back out or start over. I think when the site is optimized for speed and resolves much of it’s “jitters” it will be a much better experience.

• Scott says:

Definitely not ready for prime time. Been playing around on the site and it broke. Screens locked up. Text fields appearing in the wrong position. Not sending out an appropriate response to the clicked button or link. I think this will be amazing when the bugs are worked out, though.

• Mary Ann says:

FYI – the ability to pick your own seats from all available seats on the 3D chart will be coming soon…still being tested, not ready for beta yet…but soon!! And it will be great!

• Shannon D. says:

Looks alot nicer, but very very slow.
    And not able to pick your own seats, or see what seats are actually available.
    I guess that will be available when they work out all the kinks 🙂

• Mais ce qui est bon pour l’oie n’est pas toujours bon pour l’autre. Dr Scott Broadwell peut pas voir la trahison sexuelle par sa femme comme charit茅.

• mbt outlet says:

Articles May be in Italian or Inglés. The author partecipantepotrà be Italian or foreign, but the research Must Have Been condottain Italy.

• Ya tengo fuertes ideas de lo que quiero hacer en mi cocina, mi baño de arriba, mi dormitorio, y la biblioteca.

• whole of the UK but of course most of our work is in London .

• hogan online says:

One data point while Rocket Dogs are utterly adorable, mine fell apart more or less instantly. I’d look for good shoes on clearance rather than shoes that start OUT posted by julthumbscrew at 1:15 PM on September 13, 2012 [1 favorite]

• mbt scarpe says:

Based upon 10 years of experience in the fashion retail industry, I know that finding the right gift for a woman in her 30s can be a daunting task during the holiday season. In fact, it can be a total headache for many guys! Don’t worry though. This season, I have already gone to the mall, surfed the Web and done the shopping for you! Check out my list of the top 5 holiday gifts. Wonderful presents you can buy in 2012 for the lovely lady in your life.