Wardrobe Swing – The Ride NY
WHO: The Ride NY
SEEKING: The wardrobe swing role requires working under the direction of the RIDE NY wardrobe supervisor while being able to function independently when no one else from the department is present. It's important to be able to articulately interact with fellow employees in an approachable manner as well as communicate information regularly and accurately to the supervisor or assistant.
Duties include but are not limited to:
– Costume maintenance and preparation (steaming, ironing, etc.)
– Checking that performers have all costume pieces and props before they leave to go to places
– Executing basic jobs left by the supervisor or assistant, such as mending, labeling, organization of back stock, or updating lists and records in Microsoft Word and Excel
– Hand and machine sewing
– Dealing with the elements involved in having outdoor performers (rain, heat, cold, etc.)
– Sorting wash and dry cleaning to be done off-site, and doing hand washing
– Knowledge of or experience in dance wardrobe (ballet, tap, hip hop) a plus.
WHEN: The position is on a year-round as-needed basis, with our busiest times being in the spring/summer and at the winter holidays.
HOW TO APPLY: Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org