BGA Internship – Broadway Green Alliance
WHO: The Broadway Green Alliance
SEEKING: The Broadway Green Alliance, in affiliation with The Broadway League and Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, seeks an intern to interact with industry professionals to promote sustainable practices on Broadway. There is opportunity to head projects and utilize the many resources available through The Broadway League. The Broadway Green Alliance is an industry-wide initiative that seeks to educate, motivate and inspire the theater community and its patrons to adopt environmentally friendlier practices in theatrical production and everyday life.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Working with our Coordinator and our Committee Chairs, tasks include:
– Scheduling and attending meetings
– Writing and distributing minutes
– Providing administrative support for all sub-committees
– Data collection and compilation
– Organizing and staffing events
– Assisting in creation of publications
– Assisting with social networking endeavors
The Broadway League is the national trade association for the Broadway industry. Our members include theatre owners and operators, producers, presenters, and general managers in New York and more than 250 other North American cities, as well as suppliers of goods and services to the theatre industry. Each year, League members bring Broadway to more than 30 million people in New York and on tour across the U.S. and Canada.
– General knowledge and interest in environmental issues
– Preferably knowledge of and interest in the theater industry
– Tickets to shows (when available)
HOW TO APPLY: Email a cover letter and resume to Christina Boursiquot at CBoursiquot@broadway.org.