Institutional Giving Officer – Theater Communications Group
WHO: Theater Communications Group
SEEKING: Theatre Communications Group (TCG), the national organization for the American theatre, seeks a dynamic and innovative individual to be part of a five-person development team raising $2.5+ million per year.
– With Director of Development, develop and implement successful strategies to increase general operating and project support
– Write funding proposals and related correspondence, complete grant applications, draft grant acknowledgement and tracking devices, and coordinate grant reporting procedures in collaboration with Grant Administrator
– Identify, research, cultivate a portfolio of prospective general operating and project funders from corporate, foundation and government sources while stewarding current funders
– Work with the Director of Development, Executive Office, and other staff to devise annual solicitation strategy and calendar
– Develop budget documents and other solicitation materials in collaboration with finance and program staff; design and implement new donor recognition methods
– Perform other duties as assigned
– 3-5 years of grant writing experience and a Bachelor’s degree are required
– Proven track record securing significant support from institutional funding sources
– Excellent verbal and written communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
– Superior evaluation and financial analysis abilities a plus
– Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge preferred
– Creativity and sense of humor a must
WHEN: Start Date – 3/12/2012
PAY: Commensurate w/ experience. TCG is an equal opportunity employer and offers a generous benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY: Only applications with a cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and salary requirements will be considered. Include INSTITUTIONAL GIVING OFFICER in the subject line and email:
Director of Development
Theatre Communications Group
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please!