Win $500 in our 10 Minute Play Contest!
I like to play games.
And games are a great way to get your mind going.
So, in order to get writing minds going, we thought we’d sponsor a game that could end up paying you for your writing.
And here’s the thing, it doesn’t have to be a three act opera, or a two act musical, or even a 90 minute one-acter.
We’re looking for 10 minute plays! And the best one is gonna win $500!
And then, get this, we’re going to host all the plays in our studios and perform them for anyone that wants to come as a part of a ’10 Minute Play Festival’.
New plays and new people, mixing it up together. Add $500 and it sounds like fun to me.
You can get all of the details on how to submit here, but here are few important bullet points:
- $500 1st Prize
- 9 Finalists will receive cash prize of $50.
- It must be a NEW 10 Minute Play.
- It must be 10 minutes (around 10 pages) or less.
- Deadline for submission is May 18th.
Learn the rest of the rules and regulations here.
And submit today!
And I don’t care if you’ve never written a play before. Why not start now? (How many of you had New Year’s resolutions to write a play this year?) Arthur Miller wasn’t a playwright until he wrote his first play. So write one and you are one. Or to reference one of my favorite quotes, “Competency occurs in an instant.” The moment you do something, you can do something.
I don’t care if you make something up, or watch a scene from a Starbucks and then put it on paper, create a 10 minute play and enter it.
And a 10 minute play may be just the baby step you need to get you to the 2 act Musical that you know you’ve got inside you somewhere.
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email subscribers, click here then scroll down, to say what’s on your mind!)
– How to Sell Your Show with Social Media Seminar this Tuesday. Click here to register.
– Win 2 Tickets to When Everything Was Possible. Click here!
– Take a Broadway Road Trip THIS SATURDAY, 4/28 from DC. ONLY A FEW SEATS LEFT! Click here!