Front of House Manager
The York Theatre Company, Drama Desk Award winning Off-Broadway theatre, seeks a dynamic individual to join its staff as the Front of House Manager.
The Front of House Manager will report primarily to the Marketing and Communications Manager and will be responsible for the safety of the public and ensuring a comfortable environment for audiences. He or she will work closely with the staff, box office, volunteers, and production personnel to ensure highest quality house operations while upholding patron customer service expectations. This position requires a flexible schedule and includes nights, weekends, matinees and holidays.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Communicating, scheduling and training volunteer ushers and coordinating program distribution and inserts
• Preparing and communicating pre-performance informational messages for ticket holders
• Maintaining applicable attendance records, scanning ticket stubs, and preparing nightly house manager reports
• Working closely with box office to troubleshoot all ticket problems and ticket buyer complaints.
• Directing and monitoring lobby traffic
• Assisting with special projects and assignments as needed
• Attending weekly staff meetings
• Assisting in the box office
• Miscellaneous administrative tasks and responsibilities
• Overseeing concession operations
Candidates should have prior experience as a house manager in a theatre or performance venue, possess solid administrative skills, must possess exemplary customer service and communication skills, and be a strong team leader. Computer literacy (both Mac and PC) and knowledge of ticketing systems is a plus. Licensed NYC Fireguards are encouraged to apply. Applicants who are not licensed fireguards will be required to become one if chosen for this position. Please email cover letter and resume with two references to email@example.com. Please include “Front of House Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. For more information about York, visit: www.yorktheatre.org.