This position will coordinate and facilitate a Design Team including but not limited to Director, Scenic Designer, Lighting Designer, Sound Designer, Costume Designer, Stage Manager for 8-10 shows a year. Ensure proper and clear communication through the Design Team and that all elements of production ensure an adequate return on the resources employed.
• Regularly attend production meetings and design meetings when possible.
• Create detailed production calendars for the sole use of communication with the Design Team and staff
• Create detailed budget estimates and track the purchase of all materials, submitting receipts with ledgers to the Controller in a timely fashion.
• Research and purchase all materials needed to complete all scenic, lighting and sound designs.
• Coordinate the construction and execution of all scenic, lighting and sound designs by utilizing sub-contractors as necessary or recommended.
• Ensure a consistently safe working environment for all employees and students.
• Attend all technical and dress rehearsals.
• Ensure the theaters are restored into classroom setting after each production use.
• Monitor and store cost estimates following each production to improve the efficiency of future pricing.
• Ensure a clean and prompt opening of the house each night in conjunction with the Front Desk Manager and Box Office Manager.
• Ensure technical support for special events and showcases.