The Producer’s Perspective Social: The Down Under Edition!

If you follow me on Twitter then you know I’m about ready to fly for 22 plus hours to make my first ever visit Down Under.

My Off-Broadway show, My First Timeis being produced in Sydney, Australia (at The Opera House, no less), and the Producers have been kind enough to fly me over/down, to check it out.

Je suis tres excited.

Oh wait.  They speak English there.

I’m super pumped!

I’m not only excited to see the show, but I’m excited to see a whole bunch of Aussie-buddies I’ve come to e-know through the years.  I’ve collected a group of investors, some consult clients, playwrights, producers and all-around-good-mates since I started blogging and I’m finally going to get to meet them face to face.

And I’m inviting them . . . and any of you who may be on the continent . . . to the first, and maybe last, Producer’s Perspective Social in Sydney!

This Sunday, Jan 6th at 9 PM Aussie Time, anyone in the Sydney Theater Scene is invited to join me for a Foster’s at my hotel bar.  Why are we starting at 9 PM?  Well, so you can go see My First Time at 7:30 PM first, of course!

So get your tickets for the show here, then head on over to Sebel Surry Hills to say hello!

For all the details on the Social and to RSVP (a must), click here.

And the first drink is on me.

Spread the word, Sydnians, and I’ll see you on the other side of the earth!  (Isn’t that a Miss Saigon tune?)

(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below!  Click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)

——

-Win two tickets to Mulan the Musical.  Click here to enter!

– Get Your Show Off The Ground Seminar on Saturday, January 19th.  Only TWO (!) spots left.  Register today and start your New Year off right.

Comments
  • Felicia says:

Have a great time in Australia, Ken. Enjoy!

• Lynn Manuell says:

You will LOVE it…check out The Rocks if you want to get a drink at someplace great…not far from the Opera House. I hope you are staying for a bit to take it in because the flight is so long it is worth getting over the jet leg and seeing what there is to see in Australia. Sydney is wonderful but the most amazing parts are the outback and the great barrier reef. If your producer friends allowed time do yourself a favor and take advantage of really seeing Australia…it is wonderful. Lynn

• Eldonie says:

Congrats, that is totally cool!!

• Paul Argentini says:

What enviable great fun! Aren’t you lucky.

Bon Voyage!

• janis says:

Congrats! We’re so proud!

• Solange De Santis says:

They’re gonna throw YOU on the barbie if you call the people of Sydney “Sydnians.” They are Sidneysiders. Now go have a great time.

• Solange De Santis says:

They’re gonna throw YOU on the barbie if you call the people of Sydney “Sydnians.” They are Sydneysiders. Now go have a great time.

• Cheryl says:

Good on ya, mate! I’ve been there twice, and loved it! Make sure to go up to Cairns, and on to the Great Barrier Reef. And if you’re a coffee drinker,
    have a flat white on me! Have a fantastic time, Ken!

• Taryn says:

OMG Ken, you are going to love Sydney! I went last year and its amazing. Take the ferry, eat kangaroo but most importantly grab a burger a grill’d they are the best burgers in the world. Most of all enjoy the honor of having your show at the Opera House!! Congrats!

• Enjoy Ken, have a drink at Opera Bar and say hi to my mum!
    Love Alexis

• Erin says:

Great to hear your show will be on in SYD. Bummed I can’t make it up to Sydney this weekend. If you’re got the time head on down to Melbourne and check out out super awesome theatre scene.
    Thanks for the great bloging, you’re mega inspiring
    Cheers