Box Office Manager / Subscriptions Supervisor – Theatre For A New Audience
WHO: Theatre For A New Audience
POSITION TITLE: Box Office Manager / Subscriptions Supervisor
DESCRIPTION: Theatre for a New Audience, an award-winning Off-Broadway classical theatre company, seeks an experienced Box Office Manager/Subscriptions Supervisor. Will work closely with General Manager and Marketing Director to launch Theatre for a New Audience’s own 299-seat flexible and versatile performance space opening in 2013 in the Downtown Brooklyn Cultural District and will be responsible for setting up and running its box office within authorized schedules/budgets.
Administering all aspects of box office operations, including: Processing all subscription orders including subscriber exchanges and daily phone inquiries; liaise with OvationTix, including interfacing with their sales staff and weekly settlements; window and phone sales; daily accounting; ticket order fulfillment for internal, rental and special events; running box office reports for internal, rental and special events; hiring, training and supervising box office staff, as needed; working closely with House Manager, Facilities Manager and Marketing Director on internal, rental and special events.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• At least three years’ box office experience; at least one year in a managerial position; experience with OvationTix preferred.
• Strong customer relations
• Strong organizational, management, accounting and administrative skills
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with patrons and a broad range of people across the organization
• Detail-oriented and thorough in all aspects of her/ his work
• Excellent IT skills including experience of Microsoft Office and Outlook
• Friendly, energetic
• Strong manager, motivating and inspiring his/her staff to perform to the best of its abilities
• Must work long non-traditional hours including nights and weekends
• Knowledge of ADA and other federal regulations
• Comfort with working for an ever-changing and growing organization and contributing ideas for its improvement
• Communicates directly and sensitively and is able to facilitate diverse groups of stakeholders in working towards common goals.
• Ability to work within a team environment with limited supervision
• Committed, assertive and self-driven individual
• Must be able to coordinate several activities at once, and quickly analyze and resolve specific problems
• An open mind to new ways of working and a sympathetic approach to people working under pressure in an artistic environment
• Experience opening a new theatre space in NYC desired, but not required
Start date: April 1; competitive salary, plus health benefits
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with BOX OFFICE MANAGER in the subject line. Emails only, please. TFANA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.