The most popular posts of the month: March
Time for that monthly summary of what got your attention last month here at The Producer’s Perspective
- The most read post of the month: Why the Veronica Mars movie backers got screwed.
- The most commented on post of the month: 5 Things I learned from the Academy Awards (and the Tonys could learn too).
- The comment of the month is from Greg and was in response to How to wage war on the Broadway discount sites. Part II:
As an SEO professional and Broadway fan, I can tell you that I am amazed at how many shows setup their websites wrong and are consistently out-ranked by discount sites, news articles and unofficial pages. There are some great tips here. Another reason discount sites rank higher is because they are getting search traffic for a lot of different shows and the more traffic one gets, the better the ranking usually. A tactic some shows might want to consider is creating original content on the website that will drive users back o the website over and over, thusly driving up your traffic. I find many shows put their site up, but not much happens once it goes live.
(Got a comment? I love ‘em, so comment below! Email Subscribers, click here then scroll down to say what’s on your mind!)
-Win 1 Ticket to the Invited Dress Rehearsal of Macbeth! Click Here!
– Read Day #6 of The Associate Producer’s Perspective! Click here!
– Macbeth starts performances in 6 (!) days. Get tix.