Assistant Company Manager – Arena Stage
WHO: Arena Stage
POSITION: Assistant Company Manager
DESCRIPTION: Arena Stage at the Mead Center for American Theater, a national center for the production, presentation, development, and study of the American Theater, seeks professional and energetic candidates for its Assistant Company Manager position. The Assistant Company Manager assists the Company Manager to meet the production and operational needs of the organization. Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills in a fast-paced environment are necessary for this position.
Requires significant evening & weekend work.
• Assist in coordinating travel for all visiting directors, designers, actors and consultants
• Assist in coordinating housing for all visiting directors, designers, actors and consultants in company apartments and hotels
• Arrange for all apartment repair, cleaning, linen, phone, cable, and internet services
• Assist in distribution/collection of keys, area information, tax forms, contracts, etc. to and from guest artists
• Check on resident companies regularly and attend to the requests, needs and questions of visiting artists
• Assist in creation and maintenance of seasonal contract files
• Assist in preparing, processing, monitoring and administering artist contracts
• Assist in facilitating payments to artists and vendors according to internal procedures
• Enter General Management and Company Management costs into the cost control database; run cost reports and reconcile monthly General Ledgers against cost control database
• Serve as first respondent for Company Management emergencies four nights per week, including most weekends
• With the Company Manager provide guidance and direction to Company Management Fellow/Intern
• Assist in other duties as assigned by the Company Manager
The successful candidate will have demonstrated knowledge of Company Management in a professional theatre and experience in production planning, budget tracking, and union rules. Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to lift and transport up to 50 pounds. This position is a full time salaried position. Benefits include vacation, medical and dental insurance, and life insurance/long term disability coverage upon eligibility.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and references to Jasmine Jackson, Human Resources and Finance Associate, Arena Stage, 1101 6th Street, SW, Washington, DC 20024. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Assistant Company Manager Application”. No calls please. Arena Stage values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.