Festival Line Producer – National Alliance for Musical Theatre
WHO: National Alliance for Musical Theatre
POSITION: Festival Line Producer
DESCRIPTION: The National Alliance for Musical Theatre is looking for Line Producers for our 25th Annual Festival of New Musicals happening this October at New World Stages in New York City. The NAMT Festival is an industry-only event featuring 45 minute staged readings of 8 new musicals for over 650 producers and theatres.
The position will work very closely with the Festival’s Producing Director on the shows presented in the Festival working directly with the writing teams, directors, music directors and stage managers of each show to help them present the best reading possible.
This position is ideal for a new producer who has a passion for producing and developing new musicals looking to gain experience and exposure to the musical theatre industry.
Please visit www.namt.org before applying for the job to learn more about the organization and the Festival.
PRE-PRODUCTION RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to the following):
• Work closely with four shows assigned by Festival Producing Director to ensure a great pre-production, rehearsal and presentation process.
• Act as liaison between creative teams on four assigned shows and the Festival Producing Director on administrative and producing needs, including (but not limited to) casting, information collection, ticketing requests and staffing
• Coordinate rehearsal schedules with Stage Managers, and then schedule rehearsal spaces at designated studios.
• Attend key dates, including, but not limited to: Official Festival production meetings at New World Stages, sound check dates, performance dates and load out.
• Work with Festival Producing Director, assigned show consultants and creative teams to complete tasks assigned to each show in a timely and efficient manner.
• Assist General Manager at Festival-wide site visits and production meetings.
FESTIVAL RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to the following):
• Serve as the venue coordinator for four productions in assigned venue.
• Serve as on-site contact between the Festival and all employees whose services are engaged for the Line Producer’s venue.
• Manage stage changeovers between presentations with ushering talent off/onstage and setting up/breaking down of equipment.
• Knowledge of AEA stage reading guidelines and policies
• Experience balancing multiple schedules for concurrent events
• Maturity and professionalism to represent NAMT to well-known artists
• Flexibility in schedule September 24-October 15, 2012
• Working well under pressure
• Willingness to get your hands dirty and pitch in whenever, wherever needed
• July-August: 5 hours per week
• September: 10 hours per week
• September 30-October 6: 20 hours per week
• October 6-16: 40 hours per week
• October 14, 17 and 18: Full days
This position will report directly to the Festival Producing Director. The position is part-time and temporary. The position will be paid $1200 flat fee and will not receive social security and unemployment insurance benefits. No health benefits or paid time-off are included.
To Apply: Please send a PDF of your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Line Producer position”. Please put the cover letter in the body of your e-mail and do not attach it.
NAMT is an equal opportunity employer.