Agent Assistant – Abrams Artists Agency
WHO: Abrams Artists Agency
POSITION: Agent Assistant
DESCRIPTION: Agent in the Literary Division of a New York Theatrical Agency specializing in the representation of playwrights, composers, lyricists, directors, choreographers and designers for Broadway, Off-Broadway, opera and international productions, as well as film and television, seeks a well-rounded Administrative Assistant, with at least two years work experience. This is an ideal position for someone with prior experience in the business side of theatre.
General office responsibilities include: All administrative and support tasks, with access to negotiations, contracts, and client services.
• Knowledge and interest of the theatre community
• Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
• Computer literate (Microsoft Word and internet research)
• Excellent writing and verbal skills, including a professional phone manner
• The ability to multi-task
• The ability to conduct business under occasional stressful circumstances
• Must be able to prioritize and shift focus as priorities change
• Must have a sense of humor, a thick skin and a willingness to approach any task with a positive attitude
• Self motivated and able to work effectively as an individual
• College degree is required
It is essential that the candidate is able to join several agents and assistants in the division and work as part of a team. This position has an excellent opportunity for growth. The salary is commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, a current resume stating your salary requirements and a list of at least three professional references to Jennifer.Toth@abramsartny.com.
Include “Administrative Assistant” in the subject field.
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
No phone calls please.