Ticket and Subscriber Services Manager – Second Stage Theatre
WHO: Second Stage Theatre
POSITION: Ticket and Subscriber Services Manager
DESCRIPTION: Second Stage Theatre, one of Off-Broadway’s largest and most celebrated subscriber based theatres, is seeking a Ticket and Subscriber Services Manager. This individual will manage an active, Off-Broadway box office. Second Stage Theatre produces six shows annually. The Box Office is busy year-round selling subscriptions and tickets and maintaining contact with subscribers throughout the season. Box Office and management experience are required. Strong customer service is absolutely essential. This is a full time, salaried position which may include several nights, weekends and holidays (dependent on production schedule).
As our Box Office is transitioning from ProVenue to Tessitura ticketing software, a familiarity with either (especially Tessitura) is highly preferred and experience with system/database migrations is a definite plus, although not required.
Management responsibilities include:
• Supervising Assistant Box Office Manager and all part-time sales Staff
• Hiring and overseeing the training of new box office staff
• Providing ongoing feedback and training to current staff
• Facilitating communication with Development Department to acknowledge donations
• Coordinating with Front-of-House staff to ensure patron safety and comfort
Sales duties associated with this position, include:
• Programming all performances, subscription packages, and pricing into the ticketing system, currently ProVenue Max, eventually Tessitura
• Working directly with tickets.com to ensure that all online ticket sales are programmed properly and functioning correctly on the web
• Monitoring sales and sales trends and making recommendations to Marketing Dept
• Interacting with patrons and subscribers; responding to all feedback, issues and complaints
• Selling individual tickets, subscription packages, group tickets, and booking subscriber tickets
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to: developing and maintaining Box Office Reconciliations, End of Day Reports and Wraps; creating and maintaining sales reports; sending subscribers confirmations and newsletters; providing General Management with weekly box office statements; updating communications with the public via the company phone system; and creating sales customized reports as requested.
Applicant should be reliable and punctual with a positive outlook. Other qualities the applicant should possess include: an interest in a career in theatre and a willingness to grow with the company; an honest and trustworthy nature; the instinct to go the extra mile; extremely sharp computer and customer service skills; a confidence and competence in math and problem solving skills; meticulous organizational skills and excellent time management.
Full benefits package including health/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, FSA and 401(k) plan included. Second Stage Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all to apply.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to TICKET & SUBSCRIBER SERVICES MANAGER SEARCH, SECOND STAGE THEATRE, 305 W 43rd Street, New York, NY 10036, e-mail jobs@2ST.com, fax 212-397-7066. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.