Database Administrator/Developer – Roundabout Theatre Company
WHO: Roundabout Theatre Company
POSITION: Database Administrator/Developer
DESCRIPTION: Roundabout Theatre Company—one of the nation’s leading not-for-profit cultural institutions—is seeking a Database Administrator / Developer to monitor, maintain, and administer Roundabout’s Microsoft SQL Server solutions.
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the Database Administrator / Developer works daily with the Tessitura and Applications Administrator, whose primary responsibility it is to support Roundabout’s use of Tessitura—the premier arts and cultural enterprise application designed to fully integrate all aspects of an arts organization into one database, including: ticketing, fundraising, memberships, marketing, reporting, customer relationship management, and web. The Database Administrator / Developer will be responsible for learning, supporting, and developing against the databases that comprise Tessitura and other database applications in Roundabout’s environment as well as ensuring data integrity.
The Database Administrator / Developer will split their time between administrative duties and database development, assisting both the Information Systems Manager and the Web Developer on the creation and implementation of database objects.
• Serve as the primary source of information regarding Tessitura and other database schemas, structures, and objects
• Oversee database security
• Monitor database performance using native monitoring tools; proactively recommend and develop custom monitoring scripts based on Roundabout’s use of databases
• Tune and optimize database configuration, performance, and data
• Troubleshoot and resolve database issues
• Backup, restore, and archive databases and data
• Automate daily and regularly scheduled database tasks using scripts
• Assist in the writing of SSRS reports supporting Roundabout’s use of Tessitura
• Plan and document procedures for disaster recovery and database administration specific to Roundabout
• Recommend and implement HA database solutions either through clustering or mirroring
• Advise on, create, and implement database objects as necessary
Scope of Responsibilities:
• 30% database administration and management
• 60% developing and testing database objects and solutions
• 10% monitoring, optimizing, and planning
The ideal candidate will have:
• Interest in the theatre and experience working in the non-profit arts
• BA/BS degree with 2–3+ years of experience developing against and administering Microsoft SQL Server databases
• Experience working with Windows 2008 server, including familiarity with MS SQL Server installation and server configuration best-practices
• Experience with MS SQL Server redundancy and backup solutions for business continuity and high availability, especially database mirroring and clustering
• Ability to work independently with great attention to detail
• Excellent documentation skills
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access
• Experience or familiarity with ticketing and fundraising applications; Tessitura experience strongly preferred
• Experience writing reports using SSRS and InfoMaker a plus
To Apply: Please forward cover letter/resume including salary history in word format to: email@example.com – code DBA813.
Please no phone calls.
Roundabout Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.