Assistant to the Executive Director – Theatre Development Fund
WHO: Theatre Development Fund (TDF)
POSITION: Assistant to the Executive Director
DESCRIPTION: Theatre Development Fund seeks a full-time Assistant to the Executive Director to provide administrative and program support to the Executive Director.
• Provide daily administrative support for Executive Director
• Answer and screen all phone calls.
• Maintain and coordinate all scheduling.
• Juggle priorities and resolve conflicting demands
• Extensive interaction with Board of Trustees, industry professionals, TDF staff.
• Provide administrative support for Trustee committees
• Compose and prepare correspondence, reports and other documents, including programmatic materials
• Provide support on special projects and development activities, including research support, writing and analysis.
• Prior comparable experience, preferably in not for profit sector.
• Attention to detail, highly organized and resourceful. Ability to provide support while acting independently where appropriate.
• Excellent communication/interpersonal skills and writing ability and experienced telephone skills.
• Diplomacy, patience and flexibility essential, as is the ability to prioritize and strategize and a sense of humor.
• Computer literacy.
• Familiarity with NYC theatre as well as national perspective preferred.
• Salary commensurate with experience.
To Apply: To apply, please email resume, writing sample (professional correspondence, project description, press release or other prose sample of no more than two pages) and cover letter outlining relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org or send by mail to TDF at 520 Eighth Avenue, Suite 801, New York, NY 10018, Attn: Assistant to the Executive Director Search.
TDF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.