Casting Assistant – Center Theatre Group
WHO: Center Theatre Group
POSITION: Casting Assistant
Center Theatre Group is one of the nation’s leading arts and cultural organizations, and California’s most popular theatre company. We produce award-winning theatre year-round at the Ahmanson, Mark Taper Forum and Kirk Douglas Theatre, with a subscriber base that is the largest of any non-profit theatre arts organization. Our mission is to entertain, but also to provoke and to inspire. We believe that theatre is nothing less than a cultural force that has the power to transform the lives of individuals and society at large.
POSITION SUMMARY The Casting Assistant provides logistic and administrative support for the Casting Department in all casting operations for the three theatres at Center Theatre Group – Ahmanson Theatre, Mark Taper Forum and Kirk Douglas Theatre.
1. Prepare audition sessions by scheduling and confirming appointments.
2. Pull audition sides from scripts and facilitate their distribution to agents, managers and actors.
3. Research actor representation and check actor availabilities; Acquire headshots and resumes.
4. Facilitate offers to actors with agents, managers and attorneys, as applicable.
5. Draft and distribute all contracts, riders, addendums, booking sheets, and start work forms to Management Department.
6. Create and distribute actor contact sheets for all projects.
7. Process all department invoices, including those for overhire and project staff.
8. Create department electronic contact file and casting binders for each project, as needed.
9. Update contract tracking and follow-up with management on any company management issues.
10. Gather new project parameters from CTG Associate Producers and Management; Add to project binder and update as needed.
11. Obtain current biographies of project creative team and scripts from Literary Department.
1. Coordinate with Casting staff to ensure Room B audition space is properly maintained and ready for use, including piano tuning if necessary.
2. Keep Casting office, archives and script library organized and up-to-date.
3. Address and assist with inquiries from other CTG departments.
4. Sort all incoming mail.
5. Maintain New York and Los Angeles agent and manager contact lists.
6. Film, upload and/or edit video auditions and submissions.
7. Create and distribute session paperwork and signage as needed.
8. Manage and maintain office subscriptions and memberships.
9. Order departmental office supplies.
10. Provide telephone and office coverage along with rest of Casting team.
11. Other duties as assigned.
CTG provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties.
All employees are expected to be familiar with and adhere to Center Theatre Group’s Personnel Policies and Procedures.
A. Knowledge and essential skills
1. Knowledge of and/or interest in theatre.
2. Working knowledge of computers and software including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, email and databases.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
4. Working knowledge of AEA/LORT rules and regulations
5. Must be able to multitask, work well with multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and focus on multiple projects simultaneously.
6. Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
7. Possess a sense of humor and a level head.
B. Minimum requirements: Essential functions and abilities
1. Effectively and efficiently operate office equipment including telephones, copiers, fax machines, computers, etc.
2. Accurate typing (at least 40wpm) and database input ability.
C. Education, Experience and Licensing
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
2. Previous experience in a casting office, talent agency or management office a plus.
3. Negotiations, contracts, legal/paralegal experience a plus.
The position will receive a competitive compensation.
CTG also offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan options; escalating vacation, paid sick, personal days and holidays; and health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, employee assistance program and life and short & long-term disability insurance
To Apply: Sell yourself by writing a cover letter that describes why you’re the best person for this job. Send resume and cover letter (Along with Salary Requirement) to: CTGjobs@centertheatregroup.org